You can ask your customers to leave you a review by creating an email automation. You can set this up by following the steps below.
- First, head to the CRM app and select the Settings tab.
- Select Tags on the left-hand sidebar, then click Add Tag. Name the tag "Review", then click Save.
- Navigate to the Lists tab, then click +List to create a new CRM List.
- Enter a Title (i.e. "Customers") and Description for the list, then scroll down to Tags, and enter "Review". Click Submit when done.
- On the Lists dashboard, find the new list you created, then click Assign to Email List.
- When asked to choose the Email Marketing List, select Create New List & Assign.
- Choose which email field to use to get a subscription email address, then click Next.
- Enter a name for the Email List (i.e. "Customers"), then click Next.
- Next, navigate to the Nurture App, then select Email Marketing > Templates at the top of the page. Here, you can choose an existing template to create the email where you'll request reviews - or, click Create a template to create a new one from scratch.
Learn more about how to create or edit email templates.
- On your email template, you will want to create buttons that link users to the pages where you want them to leave reviews.
In the example below, we added two choices for users to select: A "good" satisfaction selection will direct users to leave a review on Facebook. A "bad" satisfaction selection will lead users to the website's Contact page.
- After you've saved your email template, head over to the Automation tab at the top of the page, then select Create an automation.
- On the pop-up that appears, select Custom Journey.
- Fill in the details of the journey:
- Give it a name (i.e. "Review Request")
- Under What will trigger this journey, select Subscriber joins the list
- Select the list this journey the list will apply to (this will be the list you created in Steps 6-8)
- Click Build Your Journey.
- On the automation builder page, click the green (+) button, then select Email from the menu options that appear.
Optional: You can first select Delay to have the automation send after a designated amount of time (i.e., send a review request 3 days after a user is added to the list). If you go this route, then repeat Step 15 again to add the email.
- On the left-hand sidebar, enter the details for the email, including the Step Name (i.e. "First email"), the Subject of the email, and the email address that will display on the email.
- Scroll down on the left-hand sidebar, then click Add email content, and select the email template you created.
- Make edits to the email as necessary. When finished, click Preview, then save in the top-right corner, and then Save & return to journey.
- Click Save at the bottom of the left-hand sidebar, then click Turn on journey on the top-right corner of the page.
- Finally, to send the email, head back to the CRM and open the profile of a Contact you'd like to receive the email. On the left-hand sidebar of their Contact profile, click the space next to Tags, and enter "Review". Click Save Changes to send the email.