Shipping orders has never been easier. With the Shop App, you can buy and print a domestic or international shipping label via USPS from your Shop App dashboard. The Shop App will automatically choose the correct type of label based on the customer’s address.
Your shipping costs will be billed to you through your Shop App account using the same payment method that you use to pay for your Apps. Learn more by selecting My Profile > App Market Billing on the left-hand sidebar.
Tip: The USPS can give you free shipping supplies including a variety of boxes and envelopes for small, medium, or large items. You can pick up free boxes for shipping in the post office, or order supplies online. Note: labels for Media Mail delivery service are not available for purchase.
How to buy and print a shipping label
- First, download the Shipping Labels app. You can find this app by navigating to My Profile > App Market Billing on the left-hand sidebar, then selecting Shipping Labels.
- Click Add Payment Method to enter your billing information. The payment method entered here will be used to purchase your shipping labels.
- Then, on the left-hand sidebar, select My sales > Orders.
- Select the order that you want to buy a shipping label for.
- On the right-hand sidebar, in the Shipping details section, click Buy shipping label.
- Check the shipping address/addresses if you ship abroad. If needed, you can edit any of the addresses by clicking the Edit address or Edit info.
- In the Package weight and size section, select the type of packaging for this order and enter the package's weight and its dimensions. Then, click Continue.
- (This step is for international shipping. Skip to step #9 it if you ship within the US.)
Fill in the Customs Declaration:
- Under Sender Credentials, enter the sender's name and phone number. Your phone number is required in case customs will need to clarify any details.
- Under Items to declare, enter a brief description about the shipping goods. For example, snowboarding gloves. Select the country of origin for each item — you can find it on the product’s label or on its package. The declared value for each item, its quantity, and net weight are automatically filled in based on the order details. Taxes for declared item value are paid by a receiver.
- If (and only if) a total declared value of the order is over $2,500, you will see the ITN code field, which requires you to add the International transaction number (ITN). To get the ITN, you need to apply for the Automated commercial environment (ACE) account. Once you have an account, you can register your parcel and get the unique ITN code. Learn more why it’s important to fill in ITN code.
- You are able to add additional information for Customs by clicking Do you have any additional info to provide to Customs? and filling in an invoice, certificate or license numbers, or any other note. This information is optional and will not affect the label price.
- Click Next step.
- On the right side of the order, pay attention to the checkmark next to "Mark order as shipped and notify the customer by email". If you select this option, the order status will automatically update to "Shipped" immediately after the shipping label is purchased, and the customer will receive an email with a tracking number. To change the order status to "Shipped" manually after you’ve actually shipped the product, make sure to un-check the checkbox.
- Then, select a shipping service. Our reseller prices for shipping labels differ from the USPS retail prices (some services are discounted, and others are not).
- In the Printer settings section, select your printer type to print a shipping label of the appropriate size: "Regular laser" (label size is 8.5 x 11 inches) or "Label printer" (label size is 4 x 6 inches).
- Click Buy Shipping Label. If you have not entered a payment method, you will be prompted to enter one here. Once the purchase is complete, you will receive the shipping label details and a tracking number.
- Lastly, click Print Shipping Label. That's it!
- Attach the printed shipping label on the box containing the order. Tip: if possible, avoid taping above the barcode (this can make it harder to scan at the post office).
- For international shipment:
- If you chose First class mail as your shipping service, all required customs information is already included in the label.
- If you chose Priority mail as your shipping service, then it may include 1 to 4 pages in the file depending on shipment details. The first page is the shipping label containing customs information. Remaining pages have to be submitted to customs. Attach all remaining documents to the side of the box, so that they can be removed and studied by customs personnel.
- For international shipment:
- Request a pickup for your package or find the nearby post office to hand over the package to the carrier. Click Schedule a pickup or Find a post office on the shipping label details page to be redirected to the USPS website to finalize shipping.
- Then you're ready to ship the order!