You can set up a "Buy one, Get One" (BOGO) promotion on your store to help attract customers and increase your sales. You can easily set this up for your store by subscribing to a paid app within your Shop dashboard. The BOGO app lets you easily set up BOGO promotions for a monthly subscription.
Install the Buy One Get One Free app
- From the Shop App, select Apps > App Market on the left-hand sidebar.
- Select the Buy One Get One Free: Sales Promotions app to see the app detail page.
- Click Add payment method and buy. If you have already added an App Billing Method to your Shop App account, you can purchase the app immediately.
Even though the app has a 14-day free trial period, you will still need to provide your payment details. After that, the app will be available in Marketing > Buy One Get One Free on the left-hand sidebar of your Shop App dashboard.
You can manage your app subscriptions at any time by navigating to Apps > My Apps on the left-hand sidebar. On the "My Apps" dashboard, you can uninstall apps, get help, or report a concern.
Setting up your promotion
The Buy One Get One Free app lets you create various special offers in your store. For example, if a customer buys "X" units of a product, they can get 1 unit of a certain product (either the same product, or another product in a category/categories) with "X %" off.
- In your Shop App dashboard, select Marketing > Buy One Get One Free on the left-hand sidebar.
- Enter a number of products that a customer has to buy to participate in the promotion. In this example, it is "1":
- Select which product or products a customer has to buy. You can choose one or several products in the "products" field – or, you can choose a category or several categories in the "or any product in categories" field. You can also fill out both fields.
Tip: You can search products by SKU, title, description or any visible product’s attributes.
- Select the product a customer will get in the "then they can get one of section." You can choose one or several products in the products field – or you can choose a category or several categories. It is also possible to fill out both fields.
- Set the discount value for this “additional” item.
- If you choose “100% Off”, it makes the product free.
- (Optional) Enable the Advanced options and add a short description for your offer. This will show up along with the discount amount in the cart, in the "Discount" section. You can make the discount automatic, or require customers to use a special coupon code at checkout.
- Click Save.
Now, when customers add all the necessary items to cart, they will get a discount for the “additional” item. The promotion description (if you added it) will show up along with the discount amount in the cart, in the "Discount" section.
You can always edit or delete your promotion (or add another one) in your Shop App admin, Marketing > Buy One Get One Free.
Get the word out
The more people know about a promotion, the more sales you can expect! Consider promoting your BOGO promotion in a few channels:
You can include your promotion in an email newsletter.
You can inform the store visitors about promotions in the category description fields. You can edit them by selecting Catalog > Categories from the left-hand sidebar of your Shop dashboard. The text editor lets you insert images and videos to the description area.
You can highlight products with ribbons, which are colored labels displayed in your catalog above product images. Place the bright ribbons on the products that participate in your promotions and add your BOGO promo text to these labels.