You can control the steps that users take when they unsubscribe from your email list. You can choose from two options:
- Single-click unsubscribe - subscribers are immediately unsubscribed when they click on the unsubscribe link in your email.
- Two-click confirmed unsubscribe - subscribers are asked to confirm by clicking an additional link, this is also known as two-step unsubscribe.
Manage confirmed unsubscribe settings
To change your confirmed unsubscribe settings:
- Click your profile dropdown on the top right navigation.
- Click Account settings.
- Select Unsubscribe settings from the menu.
Select between Two-click confirmed unsubscribe and Single-click unsubscribe then Save unsubscribe settings to set your new experience. This setting will apply to all subscribers in all lists.
You can also navigate to this page from your list settings:
- Open Lists & subscribers, then click on the relevant list name.
- Click Settings in the left menu.
- Click Confirmed unsubscribe from the Unsubscribe options.
You also have the option to configure what page someone will see once they have successfully unsubscribed, and you can also have your users take a survey that tells you why they unsubscribed.