As of July 1, 2022, the state of Colorado is requiring a retail delivery fee on all deliveries by motor vehicle to a location in Colorado with at least one item subject to state sales or use tax. More information can be found here.
To comply with this new regulation, you will need to download a plugin, and then set up an advanced fee parameter for your products.
Below are the steps you will need to take:
Step 1: Download a Plugin
You will need to add a plugin that adds the functionality to your website to set up these delivery fee settings.
- Purchase the WooCommece Advanced Extra Feed Plugin
- Add the plugin to your website by selecting Plugins on the left-hand sidebar, then clicking Add New at the top of the page.
- Click Choose File.
- Select Install Now and Activate the extension.
Step 2: Add Retail Delivery Fee
To access the plugin settings, navigate to WooCommerce > Extra Fees.
- Check the Enable Product Fee checkbox. By default, this checkbox will be disabled.
- Navigate to Edit Advanced Fees.
- Change the title to "Retail Delivery Fee".
- Under Advanced Feed Conditions, set up the following two conditions:
- State > Equal to > Colorado
- Contains shipping method > Not equal to > Pickup in store
- Set the Fee title to "Retail Delivery Fee" and Fees cost to "$0.27".
- Save your changes.