If you receive a lot of spam entries on forms built within Marketing 360®, then you can prevent spammers and bots from submitting your form by adding a required Number field. This involves creating a new "Number" field on your form that asks users to enter a single digit from 0-9 to prove that they are human. This step often confuses spambots, so this is an easy way to cut down on fraudulent form submissions.
You can reduce spam form submissions by enabling reCAPTCHA on your forms. Note: reCAPTCHA will be automatically be turned on for any form with a Credit Card field, and cannot be turned off. This is to protect customer’s credit card information.
To set up reCAPTCHA:
- Navigate to the Forms app, and select the form that you'd like to edit.
- Select the Settings tab at the top of the page.
- Select the button labeled Enable reCAPTCHA.
- Click Save at the bottom of the section.
Create an Anti-Spam Form Field
Navigate to the Forms app, and select the form that you'd like to add the anti-spam field to (or, create a new form).
- Select the Add Field button.
- On the pop-up that appears, open the drop-down menu and select Number.
- Scroll down to the section labeled Form Field Validation Rules, and click to expand it.
- Check the box labeled Required.
- Enter the number "1" in both the Max Length and Min Length fields.
- Under Custom Error Message, enter a message that will appear when a user does not fill out the field correctly. For example, "Please try again."
- Click Save Changes.