If you receive a lot of spam entries on forms built within Marketing 360®, then you can prevent spammers and bots from submitting your form by adding a required Number field. This involves creating a new "Number" field on your form that asks users to enter a single digit from 0-9 to prove that they are human. This step often confuses spambots, so this is an easy way to cut down on fraudulent form submissions.
Create an Anti-Spam Form Field
Navigate to the Forms app, and select the form that you'd like to add the anti-spam field to (or, create a new form).
- Select the Add Field button.
- On the pop-up that appears, open the dropdown menu and select Number.
- Scroll down to the section labeled Form Field Validation Rules, and click to expand it.
- Check the box labeled Required.
- Enter the number "1" in both the Max Length and Min Length fields.
- Under Custom Error Message, enter a message that will appear when a user does not fill out the field correctly. For example, "Please try again".
- Click Save Changes.