A Variable Ticket Fee is a fee applied to any tickets created by the business that is a flat dollar amount or percent. Businesses would use the Variable Ticket Fee for a variety of reasons such as to apply an Airport Tax or charge a Safety Covid-19 fee and have it display on the receipt.
Setting Up a Variable Ticket Fee
- Go to Setup > Setup Ticket Preferences
- Enter a Variable Ticket Fee Name that will appear on the receipt, the Total Sheet and other reports
- Enter a Variable Ticket value and select if it is a dollar amount or percent
- Click Save
Any ticket created will have the fee added once another item is on the ticket.
Removing a Variable Ticket Fee
- From Checkout, once an item is added to a ticket the Variable Ticket Fee will display
- To remove, click on the Variable Ticket Fee line item
- Select Remove