The Text Marketing Industry is Changing, and We're Ready
At Marketing 360®, we're constantly working to improve our marketing tools and keep our software up to date with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
There’s an upcoming change to the Nurture Text app that will require you to choose a new phone number.
About the change
Soon, we'll be offering new 10-digit long code phone numbers to replace the current short code number you use for your text marketing efforts.
Why are we making this change?
Mobile carriers are enforcing stricter standards for texts delivered via text message marketing apps, such as the Marketing 360® Nurture Text app. Message deliverability from a 10-digit long code phone number is more reliable than from a short code number, which means messages are delivered to more of your customers without trouble.
What are 10-digit long code phone numbers?
A 10-digit long code phone number is a unique, local 10-digit phone number that you can choose. It will replace the current short code 39970 you use currently.
Will this be more expensive?
You will continue paying per-usage, and there is no additional cost for most users to switch to a 10-digit long code phone number.*
*Users that send 3,000+ messages per day will require additional registration and regulation fees when selecting the new 10-digit long code. These fees go directly to approve your brand with mobile carriers.
Understanding the Setup Status
When transitioning to the 10-digit long code, your brand will need to undergo an approval process. During this period, you may see alert banners at the top of the app to help you keep track of your current status. Click here to learn more about what these statuses mean, and how you can troubleshoot a failed verification.
How to Get Started
Register Your Business
- If you have previously used a short code/keyword within the Text app, you will see a yellow banner at the top of your page. Click Get Started to launch the setup wizard.
- Fill in your business information and your contact information.
Note: You cannot go back and edit this information once you move to the next step. Please ensure all business and contact information is correct.
- Enter your Contact Information, including your name, email, and phone number. Please include the Country Code (+1) in front of your phone number (for example, if your phone number is (555) 123-4567, enter your number like +15551234567). Click Next to move to the next step.
Note: VoIP numbers cannot be entered here, only mobile or landline phone numbers.
- Select the country and time zone where your business is located.
- Enter your email address to receive an email notification when a customer sends you a text.
- Customize the Opt-In Message and Opt-Out Message. These are the messages that users will receive upon subscribing or unsubscribing to your text messages.
- Click Finish at the bottom of the page to complete the setup process.
After you finish the setup process, your account will undergo an approval process. Once your account is approved, then you will be able to select your 10-digit long code number. During this time, your approval status will appear on a banner at the top of the Text app. Once your account is approved, click Get Started on the banner to select your number code.
- Choose the number that you would like to use for your Text marketing (we currently only support US & Canada numbers). You can find an available number via searching City, State, Zip Code, Area Code, Toll-Free, or by typing in a full phone number.
- Click Search Availability to see if your requested number or area code is available.
- A list of applicable numbers will appear. Choose the radio button next to the number you'd like to use, then click Select Number. Note: If your requested number is not available, you will see a "No Matching Results Found" message.
After you complete the steps above, you will need to take one additional step to activate your short code. Click the Switch to 10-Digit Long Code link on the banner that appears within your Text app, then confirm you’d like to switch to enable your 10-digit long code number.