In this article:
The Text Marketing Industry is Changing, and We're Ready
At Marketing 360®, we're constantly working to improve our marketing tools and keep our software up to date with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
As part of the most recent registration requirements set by The Campaign Registry, we have changed the requirements businesses must meet in order to use the Marketing 360® Text Marketing app.
This will affect customers currently using short code numbers in the Text app as well as customers currently using a 10-digit long code number in the Text app.
How this affects short code text users:
If you are currently using our short code “39970,” plus keywords for your text marketing efforts, you will need to enter additional business information and select a new 10-digit long code phone number to replace your current short code number.
How this affects 10-digit long code number users:
If you have already registered for a 10-digit long code phone number, you must provide additional business information to continue using your 10-digit long code number. To enter the required business information, visit https://app.marketing360.com/nurture/text/10dlc-setup/tax-id.
Why are we making this change?
Our text marketing service provider has updated their registration requirements due to industry changes and standards set by The Campaign Registry.
What are 10-digit long code phone numbers?
A 10-digit long code phone number is a unique, local 10-digit phone number that you can use for your text marketing efforts.
Will this be more expensive?
You will continue paying per-usage when you switch to a 10-digit long code phone number.*
*There will be a one-time fee of $20 to register for a 10-digit number. Marketing 360® customers that register for a 10DLC number and approve this one-time fee will incur it on their next monthly bill.
*There is a monthly fee of $2 to use the Marketing 360 Text App. This fee does not include any usage overage fees.
*Users that send 3,000+ messages per day will require additional registration and regulation fees when selecting the new 10-digit long code. These fees go directly to approve your brand with mobile carriers.
Understanding the Setup Status
When transitioning to the 10-digit long code, your brand will need to undergo an approval process. During this period, you may see alert banners at the top of the app to help you keep track of your current status. Click here to learn more about what these statuses mean, and how you can troubleshoot a failed verification.
How to Register for a 10-Digit Number
Register Your Business for a 10-digit number
- Visit the Text Setup Wizard by going to https://app.marketing360.com/nurture/text/setup.
- Click Start to launch the setup wizard.
- If prompted, confirm the one-time $20, and monthly $2 charge to continue registering.
- Enter your Business and Contact Information, including your business Tax ID (EIN), Industry, Business type, website, address, name, email, and phone number. Important Note: You cannot go back and edit this information once you move to the next step. Please ensure all business and contact information is correct.
Please include the Country Code (+1) in front of your phone number (for example, if your phone number is (555) 123-4567, enter your number like +15551234567). VoIP numbers cannot be entered here, only mobile or landline phone numbers.
- Select the country and time zone where your business is located.
- Enter your email address to receive an email notification when a customer sends you a text.
- Customize the Opt-In Message and Opt-Out Message. These are the messages that users will receive upon subscribing or unsubscribing to your text messages.
- Click Finish at the bottom of the page to complete the setup process.
After you finish the setup process, your account will undergo an approval process. Once your account is approved, then you will be able to select your 10-digit long code number. During this time, your approval status will appear on a banner at the top of the Text app. Once your account is approved, click Get Started on the banner to select your number code.
- Choose the number that you would like to use for your Text marketing (we currently only support US & Canada numbers). You can find an available number via searching City, State, Zip Code, Area Code, Toll-Free, or by typing in a full phone number.
- Click Search Availability to see if your requested number or area code is available.
- A list of applicable numbers will appear. Choose the radio button next to the number you'd like to use, then click Select Number. Note: If your requested number is not available, you will see a "No Matching Results Found" message.
Once you select and confirm a phone number, you can not change it later.
After you complete the steps above, you will need to take one additional step to activate your short code. Click the Switch to 10-Digit Long Code link on the banner that appears within your Text app, then confirm you’d like to switch to enable your 10-digit long code number.