Often, when setting up email journeys, you are setting up automations that trigger when a new subscriber joins a list. However, if you want to bulk-add your existing CRM Contacts to an automation, then the automation may not fire correctly for existing contacts.
If you want to bulk-add your current CRM Contacts to an email journey, then you can follow the steps below.
Step 1: Create Your Email List
- Select the Email Lists tab at the top of the page.
- Click the green Create a new list button.
- Name the list, then click Save & close. You will not import contacts just yet.
Step 2: Build the Automation
Next, you will want to set up the Automation:
- Select the Automation tab at the top of the Nurture dashboard, then click the green Create a new automation button on the top-right corner.
- Select a type of automation from the options provided.
- Name the journey and choose the subscription trigger where prompted. On the dropdown menu labeled Select the list this journey will apply to, select the Email List that you created in the above section.
- Click the Build your journey button to start building out your email journey and all of its settings. You can refer to this guide for how to create an automated email journey.
- Once you have built the journey and defined the email(s) to send, you can either click Send a test email (to test the campaign) or click Preview, then save on the top-right corner of the page.
- If everything looks good, then you can click Save & return to journey.
- Finally, if all required steps are complete, then click Turn on journey in the top-right corner.
Step 3: Create & Connect a CRM List
Next, head over to the CRM App by selecting the App Bar dropdown menu on the top-left corner of the dashboard:
- On the CRM App, select the Lists tab at the top of the page.
- Click the blue +List button on the top-right corner of the Lists dashboard.
- Enter the details for the CRM List and define which existing Contacts should be included on the list. More information on creating CRM Lists.
- Once the CRM List is created, find it on the Lists dashboard. In the Assigned to Email List(s) column, click the link that says -Assign to Email List -.
- Select the Email List that you created, then click Submit.
Article is closed for comments.