A handling fee is an additional charge added during checkout, in addition to the product's price, taxes, and shipping cost. A handling fee helps covers any additional expenses that you incur when shipping the order (for example, paying for gift wrap, shipping materials, insurance, rush delivery fees, etc.).
If you set up a handling fee on your store, then it will be applied during checkout for all orders that require pickup or shipping.
Tip: It is recommended that you keep your handling fee as low as possible. Otherwise, customers may abandon their carts and not complete the purchase.
How to Add a Handling Fee
- On your Shop App dashboard, select Shipping & Pickup on the left-hand sidebar.
- On the Shipping, Delivery, and Pickup page, scroll down until you reach the Settings section. Select Set Up Handling Fee.
- Fill out the handling fee details. Set the fee amount, as well as the Title and Description that will display along with the handling fee on the checkout page. You can help inform customers what this fee covers.
- Click Submit when finished.
Situations Where the Handling Fee Does Not Apply
There are a few situations where customers will not be charged a handling fee when checking out:
- If all items in the card have free delivery.
- If a "free shipping" discount coupon is used.
- If all items in the card are e-goods or digital products.
Article is closed for comments.