If your email journey is not sending, there may be a couple of settings that you need to check. Below is a checklist of common reasons why your journey does not send, as well as suggestions on how to correct them.
To view your Email Journeys and Automations, click on the App Bar dropdown on the top-left corner of your dashboard, and select Nurture from the dropdown menu. On the Nurture dashboard, select Automation at the top of the page.
You will then see a list of all of your Automated Journeys. Click on an automation to view it.
Automations are triggered each time a user "Joins" your email list. If an automation is not triggered, walk through the steps below to troubleshoot:
1. Make sure the automation is turned ON.
2. Double-check that the correct Email List is attached to the automation.
3. Double-check that the CRM List is assigned to the Email List used for your automation.
To find this, navigate to your CRM dashboard, then select Lists at the top of the page.
4. Remember that the automation is turned ON.
If you don't want to send the automation to everyone already on the list, then turn the automation OFF, connect the proper lists, then turn the automation ON again.
5. Verify your submission rules
Verify whether the submission rules on the Source attached to the form you'll be testing lines up with the list attached to the automation. If you're not testing forms, know what information you need to apply to Contacts to meet the list filter(s).
6. Send a "test" automation
Submit the form yourself, or update a single "test" Contact's information so they automatically land in the list attached to an automation. After you complete this step, wait a few minutes for the automation to send the first email.
Note: Adding your email directly to the email list connected to the automation will not trigger the journey. You'll have to create a contact in the CRM and set up the contact to enter the CRM list associated with the email list used for the journey.
7. View recipient insights to see who received an email
You can check to see who has received the automation viewing the recipient insights. There are two methods to do this:
Option 1: You can view the Automation report.
- Within any automation, click on View full report on the left-hand sidebar.
- Find the desired email, and click the Full report button.
- On the right-hand side of the graph, select Recipient Activity. Every user who received the email will be listed.
Option 2: You can view a subscriber's activity in the Email Lists settings
- Navigate to the Email Lists dashboard.
- Select Subscribers on the left-hand sidebar.
- Search for a subscriber using the search bar, then click on their name to open their subscriber profile.
- The top of their subscriber profile will list their activity, including which emails they received (or did not receive).
Do you have users on your list who missed the journey? Check out Triggering Automated Journeys Using Existing Email Lists.