Note: This process is only applicable for the UXi® platform and does not apply to Websites 360® sites. How to find which platform your website is using.
Exporting UXi® data (pages, posts, categories, tags, custom taxonomies, locations, testimonials) is sometimes necessary and useful. If you are moving to a new host or just want a backup of your site data, then Exporting your site is the answer. Once the Export files are created, they can be imported by another UXi® or WordPress site.
Please note that the Export tool will only download your Posts, Pages, Testimonials, and Media (images or other media assets you've uploaded). This tool is not a full site backup and does not include layout files or media assets hosted on a root domain. More information about what's included in UXi® hosting.
How to Export Your Website Contents
To export your UXi® website contents, click on the "Tools" icon on the left-hand sidebar, and select Export from the dropdown menu.
On the Export page, you can choose to select to export Posts, Pages, Testimonials, Media - or select All content to export all of the above.
When you click the Download Export File button, an XML file will generate for you to save to your computer.
This format, which is called and WordPress eXtended RSS or WXR file, will contain your posts, pages, custom post types, comments, custom fields, categories, tags, custom taxonomies, and users.
Once you’ve saved the download file, you can use Administration > Tools > Import > WordPress at another WordPress site to import this data. If you are using the importer plugin, it must be enabled.
Filters and Other Options
- All content - export all of your posts, pages, comments, custom fields, terms, navigation menus, and custom posts.
- Posts - Check this option to export the posts from the site.
- Pages - Check this option to export the pages from the site
- Locations - Check this option to export the locations from the site. Remember that these can only be imported to other UXi® sites.
- Testimonials - Check this option to export the testimonials from the site. Remember that these can only be imported to other UXi® sites.
- Media - Check this option to export the files from the media library.
Filtering The Export
Pages, posts, and media can be filtered before exporting. This is a handy option when you only need to export specific content.
- Authors - select a specific author from the pulldown or leave at All Authors.
- Date range - select both the starting and ending page date to include in export.
- Status - select the page status (e.g. Published)
Once you've selected the content to export, click the Download Export File button to download the XML file to your computer.