Marketing 360® offers numerous methods for you to receive a text message notification whenever an action is completed across multiple Apps. In addition to receiving email notifications, you can add a special email address to your notification settings that will prompt a text message to be sent to your phone in addition (or in lieu of) your email address.
Depending on your carrier, you may only receive the first part of the notification due to SMS character limits. In instances like these, the text notification is still good for letting you know when the form has been submitted. You can check your email notification or Marketing 360 for full form submission details.
The method for setting a phone number as a "recipient" of a text message notification is by entering your phone carrier's mobile email address. Each major phone carrier has its own unique email suffix for sending text notifications. The chart below shows the email address for each major carrier:
|Carolina West Wirelessemail@example.com|
|Illinois Valley Cellular||
|Inland Cellular Telephone||
|Verizon and Straight Talk Wirelessfirstname.lastname@example.org|
If your carrier is not listed in the chart above, you can find your mobile email address on your own: Send a text message to your email address. Open the email; the email address in the From: field is the mobile email address you can use to receive texts.
When setting up an email notification, replace the xxxxxxxxxx with your 10-digit phone number (including area code) with no spaces in between.
The screenshot below shows an example of how this should look:
There are several places within Marketing 360® where you can set up the ability to receive notifications via text message:
- For when a user calls your Call Tracking number on your website or ad
- When a new user opts in to your SMS campaign
- When a user submits your form on your website
- For notifications within your Shop app
- As an additional user on your Marketing 360® account
Option 1: Set up SMS Notifications for Call Tracking Calls
- Click on the App Bar dropdown menu in the top-left corner of your Marketing 360® dashboard, then select Intelligence from the dropdown menu.
- On the Intelligence dashboard, click on Settings at the top of the page.
- You will first land on the Call Tracking settings page. At the bottom of the page, in the Email Notifications section, click on the blue Add Person To Notify button.
- In the Email field, enter your mobile carrier's email address (see table at the beginning of the article to find yours). Click Add User to save your changes.
Option 2: Set up SMS Notifications for Text Marketing Notifications
Note: You can only add one email address for your Text Marketing notifications, so if you would like to receive notifications via text message, it will replace your email notifications.
- Click on the App Bar dropdown menu in the top-left corner of your Marketing 360® dashboard, then select Nurture from the dropdown menu.
- Select Text Marketing at the top of the Nurture dashboard.
- Select Settings at the top of the Text Marketing dashboard.
- On the left-hand sidebar, click on Email Notifications.
- In the field labeled Email to Receive Notifications, enter your mobile carrier's email address (see table at the beginning of the article to find yours).
- Click Save.
Option 3: Set up SMS Notifications for Form Submissions
- Click on the App Bar dropdown menu in the top-left corner of your Marketing 360® dashboard, then select Forms from the dropdown menu.
- On the Forms dashboard, all of the forms within your account are listed. Click on the form that you would like to set up the notification for.
- Select Settings towards the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the section on the page labeled Notifications, then click the Add button.
- A pop-up will appear. In the Name field, enter a label for the notification (for example, "Text Message Notification").
- You will be asked to enter an email address in the Email field. Enter your mobile carrier's email address (see table at the beginning of the article to find yours).
- Click Submit to finish.
Option 4: Set up SMS Notifications for the Shop App
- Log in to your Shop dashboard by selecting Shop from the dropdown menu in the App Bar on the top-left corner of your Marketing 360® dashboard.
- Click on Settings on the left-hand sidebar, and select Mail from the dropdown menu that appears. This will bring you to your Email Notifications page.
- On the Email Notifications page, scroll down to the bottom of the page, to the section labeled Mail Settings. Click on the Change button to add a new email address.
- In the text field labeled Send admin notifications to, enter your mobile carrier's email address (see table at the beginning of the article to find yours). Click Save Changes to confirm the change.
Option 5: Add the SMS Email Address as a User on Your Account
- Click on the App Bar dropdown at the top-left corner of your Marketing 360® dashboard, and select Settings.
- On the left-hand sidebar, click on Users & Permissions.
- Click Add User at the top of the page.
- Enter your mobile carrier's email address (see table at the beginning of the article to find yours). Click Add User to save your changes.