Connecting your Facebook and Instagram Business accounts is pivotal to your marketing efforts. This allows for content to be produced in one platform and promoted in another seamlessly. This also lets you create ads within the Facebook advertising platform and run them in all available placements within the Facebook and Instagram ecosystem.
Connecting Facebook to Instagram
- Before starting, ensure that both your Instagram and Facebook pages are business accounts, not personal.
- Login to your personal Facebook associated with the business page on your computer, and navigate to your Business Page.
- Select Manage from your page's top menu bar.
- On the left-hand sidebar, select Linked Accounts in the Manage Your Page section.
- Select Instagram from the left-hand sidebar.
- You will be prompted to connect your Instagram account. Select Connect Account, then log in with the credentials for your Instagram business account.
- Once you have entered the Instagram business logins and finished the connection, you will be redirected back to the page. If you see the Review Account Connection message, then you will need to click on the Review Connection button and it will guide you through a few more steps to confirm. It may also ask you to log into the Instagram account a second time.
After completing these steps, then your Facebook and Instagram business accounts will be successfully connected.
Connecting Instagram to Facebook
- Open the Facebook mobile app on your phone. Make sure you are logged into the personal Facebook account associated with the Facebook business page.
- Next, log in to your business Instagram via the Instagram mobile app. Click on the "hamburger" icon (the three horizontal lines) in the top-right corner of the screen, then select Settings from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Click on Business.
- Choose Connect a Facebook Page.
- Click Connect Existing Page and choose your business page from the options.
Your business Instagram should now be connected to the Facebook business page.