Why Didn’t My Post Publish?
More than likely, something has caused an issue with the account connection(s) in your Social app. If this occurs, then you will see posts in your Scheduled tab within the Marketing 360® Social app with an error message saying “The scheduled time for this post has passed”.
Account Connections can fail for a number of reasons. The most common reasons are:
- You changed the password on one of your social media accounts, which causes Marketing 360® to lose access.
- Your account connection has expired. This most often occurs with LinkedIn, as their tokens or connections expire every 3 months.
- You did not grant full permissions to the Marketing 360® app during your account connection.
- You or another party with logins to your pages may have removed access to the app from within your social account either by accident or on purpose. Facebook, for example, allows users to remove access from within the page settings, causing the apps to lose permissions required for both posting and Insights.
The connection issues listed above are usually the reason why Data stops propagating in the Social Report showing your insights data.
Other Reasons posts may not publish:
- You scheduled the post too late. The post may have been pending and you just approved it, or you may have taken too long to schedule the post and the publishing time you request has passed already.
- There are uncommon or unrecognized characters and formatting in your post messages. Some platforms have strict requirements for Images and Post Message contents.
- Instagram, for example, requires images to be .jpg format, less than 2mb in files size, and square or close to square no larger than 1440 px wide.
- Other Platforms, like Google My Business, have very strict message requirements. If you are copying and pasting your posts from a spreadsheet, for example, you may inadvertently paste a bad URL format or line break into your post. This will cause the post to fail.
How to Resolve Social Media Posts Not Publishing
Step 1: Refresh Your Account Connections
1. Open the Social app in Marketing 360®.
2. Select the Settings tab. You will see a list of your connected social accounts listed.
3. Click on Add Accounts, and select the network you want to refresh the connection to.
4. This will start the authorization process. You will be prompted to log in to the same account that you previously connected.
5. Once you have granted all permissions to Marketing 360®, the successful connection will redirect you back to the Social Settings page.
6. Don’t forget to re-enable any and all pages that you want to be able to post to and gather report data for within the Social app only.
7. Once you have completed steps 1-6, this should refresh your connection and any other posts you have scheduled for future dates and times will NOT be disrupted.
8. Data in reports will refresh within 24 - 48 hours of the refreshed connection.
Step 2: Reschedule Your Posts
Once you have refreshed your social accounts, you can reschedule any posts that have failed and are held within your scheduled posts queue.
1. Within your Social dashboard, select the Scheduled tab. You will see posts with an error message “the scheduled time for this post has passed”
2. You can unschedule any posts that failed to publish by clicking the unschedule icon in the top right of each post, which will move the post(s) back to drafts. This should save the post contents.
3. Click on Drafts at the top of the dashboard, and find the post you have unscheduled. Select the "pencil" icon to select a new time for the post to be scheduled.
4. Once you have set a Date and Time, you can click Submit.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the Drafts page, and you will see your post under the section labeled Review other post. Click Send for Approval to schedule the post.