Ensuring text messaging effectiveness requires constant vigilance and maintenance. Below is a list of what is recommended to accomplish this, as well as a few ideas to get the highest engagement possible through SMS text message marketing.
Why Send Texts?
- A text message is the preferred form of communication for many customers.
- Achieve quicker visibility.
- It is a cost-effective form of communication.
- Text messages have high open rates/ high engagement.
The Best Time of the Day to Send Texts
- During your normal business hours ONLY - in general 10:30 am–11:30 am or 2:30 pm–3:30 pm.
- Never send more than 5 messages a month!
- Sending 3 messages per month is safest method - it's enough for customers to remember you, but not too much.
Tips for Sending Text Messages to Customers
- Always be compliant! Only send text messages to users who have opted-in.
- Consider a unique, brand-friendly keyword (do not make your keyword a number).
- Keep messages short and to the point.
- Add links back to your website or social media!
- Have a conversation and respond in real-time.
- Use common language in full sentences - do not use unnecessary abbreviations.
Types of Messages to Start With
- Birthday Messages
- Welcome Offers
- Time-Sensitive Offers
- Review Requests
- Holiday Promotions