You can organize your customers into groups by different criteria (wholesale clients, VIP customers, etc.) to give a special storewide discount to the group members. As soon as members of a group log into their customer accounts in your store and visit the shopping cart, the group discount will automatically apply to the products in the cart.
A customer group is a label that you can assign to customers in order to group them under certain criteria. You can create as many groups for your customers as needed and assign customers to them.
Please not that a customer can belong to only one group.
Setting up wholesale pricing includes three parts:
Part 1: create a customer group
To begin, click Shop App from the Marketing 360 dashboard or from the App Menu near the top left corner of the page.
1. From your Websites 360 Shop App dashboard, navigate to Settings > Customer groups.
2. Click +Add new customer group.
3. Enter the name of the group in the new field that appears and click Save. Customers which you’ll have assigned to this group will see the group name in their customer accounts in your store.
Part 2: add customers to group
You can view to which group your customers belong and assign customers to groups in the My Sales > Customers section in your Websites 360 Shop App dashboard. If only a nothing is displayed in the Customer Group column, you haven’t assigned the corresponding customer to any group.
1. Find the customer by email or name.
2. Click on the Customer group column and select the group, then click Save.
Group members will see what group they belong to and what discount they have when they log into their customer accounts in your store.
Part 3: setting up discounts for customer groups
Now that you've created customer groups, click Marketing > Automatic Discounts to create discounts for group members.
Discounts for customer groups can be based on customer group or customer groups and subtotal.
|Discount Type||Discount Description|
|Based on customer group||
Add a flat discount of a specific dollar amount or percentage.
For example: Customers from the Wholesale group have a storewide 10% discount.
|Based on customer groups and subtotal||
Add tiered discounts of a specific dollar amount or percentage based on order subtotals.
Discounts based on customer groups apply to all products in the cart. If you want to offer discounts for certain products only, consider using discount coupons. You can create a coupon that is limited to a particular category or certain products only and email the coupon code to the members of a group.
1. For a standard wholesale customer group discount, click Add discount in the Based on Customer Groups section to add a flat discount or in the Based on Customer Groups and subtotal section to add tiered discounts for various order subtotals.
2. Next, select the customer group to which you want to offer this discount and specify a % or $ discount amount in the Discount column.
3. Save the changes.
4. Make sure to display the Sign In link in your store’s footer menu so that members of a group can log in and purchase products with their automatic discount. This setting is in the Design dashboard near the bottom of the page.
Once set up, the discount will be available for customers from that customer group. For the group discounts to apply, customers will have to log in while shopping. Once they log into their customer accounts in your store, the discount will automatically apply to the products in their shopping carts.