Are you ready to begin promoting your business or brand on social media? Before you begin posting, you will first set up a profile picture and cover photo for all the social media profiles associated with your business. When choosing the best imagery to represent your brand, it is important to:
- Have consistency in your profile picture represented across all social media platforms
- Have consistency of cover photo style and feel across all social media platforms
- Make your brand highly recognizable to your audience across all social media
The profile picture is used to easily draw in current loyal and new clients and customers to your profile. The easiest way to create consistency and represent your brand in a professional way is to simply resize your logo to fit each platform.
Another way to make your brand stand out is with an interesting cover photo or video. A cover photo typically only appears on your timeline, but it is a lot bigger than the profile picture. While your profile picture might be a good choice to highlight your brand logo, use the cover photo/video space to post something that speaks more toward what your brand represents or to illustrate what makes your business unique - “Tell your business’ story.” Some platforms have cover photos, and some do not, but it is important to utilize them to help your business stand out from your competitors.
About Sections, Bio, and Business Information
It is very important to fill out every section of information about your business on social media so that your audience to find you and learn what your brand is all about. Along with posting valuable content, filling in all sections ensures your profile visitors get all the details they need. This includes:
- About Section: Your address, Contact Information, Summary of what you do and the services you offer
- Story Section: Longer information about how you came to be, your mission, etc.
- Bio: Short summary of what you do utilizing hashtags and a link to your website.
- Highlight Section: Categories of your services or what is important to you.
- Overview- About you, Contact Information, Industry, Location, Specialties utilizing keywords and hashtags
- Hashtags are a required step to unlock all features and potential benefits of your platform. For more information about the best practices surrounding hashtags, view our article here: Best Practices For Using Social Media Hashtags.
- Bio: About your business utilizing keywords.
- Location & Website.
- About Your Profile.
- Location & contact information.
Google My Business
- Business name, category, attributes, keywords.
- Physical location/address and contact information.
Profile Picture and Cover Photo Requirements for All Platforms
|Google My Business||YouTube|
Google My Business
Social media is only successful if you have a strategy behind it. Need more help to understand what optimization your social media platforms need? We have a Social Media expert team ready to help and find an optimization strategy that works for your business: Social Media Management With Marketing 360.
For more tips regarding social media strategy for your business be sure to check out our blog here: Marketing 360 Blog: Social Media Management.