One powerful tool in the Marketing 360 CRM is the ability to automate your email communications into the CRM History. This is accomplished by adding a unique email address as a BCC recipient to outgoing email to your customers.
To automatically copy your emails into the CRM History:
- The address must be included as a BCC recipient.
- The email recipient must be an existing contact with matching email in your CRM.
- The email must come from the email you use to access your Marketing 360® account.
In the newest version of Marketing 360, the BCC address format has been updated.
If your account was migrated from Marketing 360® Version 2, scroll on down to learn more about how to identify the outdated BCC History Sync email address. If not, continue reading about how to sync your email to CRM history.
How To Sync Your Email to CRM History
To automatically log email you send to your contacts as history items in the CRM, follow the process below.
1. Select CRM from the global app menu.
2. Click History in the app menu.
3. Click the icon in the top right corner of the screen and select Sync Your Emails.
4. Copy the BCC address listed in the modal window.
5. Paste the BCC address you just copied as a new contact in your email provider.
6. Include the BCC recipient whenever you email a customer that's a contact in your CRM. This will automatically log the email in your CRM history.
How To Identify If You're Using an Outdated CRM History Sync Address
As accounts are migrated to the newest version of Marketing 360, the email address format used to sync email communication to CRM History must be updated to continue to work.
Let's start by comparing the two formats so you can identify them when you see them used in forms.
crm+M12345.email@example.com where M1234 represents the old format of the account number.
crm+A1AN1315685ea1eda1c7f7c.firstname.lastname@example.org where A1AN1315685ea1eda1c7f7c represents the new format of the account number.
If you're still using the older format in your email. Please update to the new format to continue to use the History Sync feature. Scroll up to step 1 and follow the steps to update yours now!