One powerful tool in the Marketing 360 CRM is the ability to automate your email communications into the CRM History.
This is accomplished by adding a unique email address as a BCC recipient to outgoing email to your customers.
To automatically copy your emails into the CRM History:
- The address must be included as a BCC recipient.
- The email recipient must be an existing contact with matching email in your CRM.
- The email must come from the email you use to access your Marketing 360® account.
In the newest version of Marketing 360, the format of the BCC address has been updated.
As accounts are migrated to the newest version of Marketing 360, the email address format used to sync email communication to CRM History must be updated to continue to work.
What's New in the CRM History Sync?
Let's start by comparing the two formats so you can identify them when you see them used in forms.
crm+M12345.email@example.com where M1234 represents the old format of the account number.
crm+A1AN1315685ea1eda1c7f7c.firstname.lastname@example.org where A1AN1315685ea1eda1c7f7c represents the new format of the account number.
How To Sync Your Email to CRM History
To automatically log email you send to your contacts as history items in the CRM, follow the process below.
1. Log-in to Marketing 360, then select the account from the Account Menu search bar.
2. Once you're viewing the appropriate account, select CRM from the global app menu.
3. Click History in the app menu.
4. Click the icon in the top right corner of the screen and select Sync Your Emails.
5. Copy the BCC address listed in the modal window.
6. Paste the BCC address you just copied as a new contact in your email provider.
7. Include the BCC recipient whenever you email a customer that's a contact in your CRM. This will automatically log the email in your CRM history.