The Call tracking feature in Marketing 360® allows you to display a click-to-call number on your website, ad, or social media platform that your users can click. When they do, the call will forward to your local number and be counted in your Leads & Sales Inbox in Marketing 360® Intelligence.
To get started, click here to navigate to your Call Tracking Settings. You can also get there by selecting the App Bar in the top-left corner of your Marketing 360® dashboard and selecting Intelligence from the dropdown menu. On the Intelligence dashboard, select the Settings tab at the top of the page.
Adding Tracking Numbers
1. Click Add Tracking Number near the top right corner of the page.
2. Enter the ring-to number. This is the phone number that calls will be forwarded to.
3. Select the number that will be visible to your customers. You have two options for selecting the numbers your customers will see:
Option 1: Choose from available numbers
Use this option to select a phone number from a list of available phone numbers in the area. You can select a local option that makes sense for the reach of your business.
|By City & State||Select a number that uses an area code and prefix specific to your state and city. This is a great option if your business services a specific city.|
|By State Only||Select a number that uses an area code specific to your state. This is a good option if your business services an entire state.|
|By Zip Code||Select a number that uses the area code and prefix for your zip code. This is a good option for regional businesses.|
|By Area Code||Select a number that uses the appropriate area code. Another good option for businesses that reach only specific parts of a city.|
|Toll Free Numbers||Select a toll free number. This can be used by a business of any size or reach.|
If you only service your home city, use 'By City & State'. If your business reaches an entire state or region, select 'By State Only'
For example, if you select 'By City & State' the phone number will be local to that city. Alternatively, selecting 'toll free numbers' is a great option if you'd like to target customers nationwide.
Option 2: Transfer your own number
Use this option if you'd like to display your actual phone number to customers with the added benefit of tracking and conversion reporting.
5. Give this phone number a name that'll be used only on the dashboard. Something like 'main office phone' should be used so other members of your team will recognize it by name.
6. Select a program to attribute the conversion to in your Leads & Sales Inbox. For example, you could create one number to display in the content of your website and attribute that to Content in your Leads & Sales Inbox, then create another to display in ads that gets attributed to Ads.
7. Enter a greeting. This greeting will play for a caller when they call. If left blank, no message will play. You could use this greeting to let users know who they're calling and that the call could be recorded for quality purposes.
8. Enter a whisper message. This message will play for the receiver of a call when they first pick up and will not be audible by the caller. For example, you could use this message to let your team mates know this is a call from a specific type of lead so they can be well prepared to field the call.
9. Select whether or not you'd like to record the calls. Recorded calls are available in the Leads & Sales Inbox.
10. Select whether or not you'd like to count these phone calls as a lead in your Leads & Sales Inbox.
11. Click Submit to save.
Adding Email Notifications
If you'd like to send an email notification as well, click the blue Add Notifications button. There you can enter a single email or multiple email addresses that will be notified each time a call tracking number is called.
Adding Tracked Domains
Add the domain where the number is in use in the Tracked Domains section. This isn't required, but it'll help you know exactly which numbers are being used on what various platforms or websites.
To add a tracked domain, click the Add Domain button, then enter the url or the name of the site and click save to keep everything organized.