Use the Text Message Marketing Setup Wizard to select a number you can use for your text marketing efforts. The wizard will guide you through the process.
To get started, select Nurture from the Global App menu, then click on the Text Marketing tab. You will first need to register your brand for text message marketing approval, then once approved, you can select your phone number.
Part 1: Register Your Business
- Click Start to register your business with a new 10-digit long code.
Note: If you have previously used a short code/keyword within the Text app, you will see a yellow banner at the top of your page. Click Get Started to launch the setup wizard.
- Fill in your business information and your contact information.
Note: You cannot go back and edit this information once you move to the next step. Please ensure all business and contact information is correct.
- Enter your Contact Information, including your name, email, and phone number. Please include the Country Code in front of your phone number (for example, if your phone number is (555) 123-4567, enter your number like +15551234567). Click Next to move to the next step.
Note: VoIP numbers cannot be entered here, only mobile or landline phone numbers.
- Select the country and time zone where your business is located.
- Enter your email address to receive an email notification when a customer sends you a text.
- Customize the Opt-In Message and Opt-Out Message. These are the messages that users will receive upon subscribing or unsubscribing to your text messages.
- Click Finish at the bottom of the page to complete the setup process.
Part 2: Activate Your 10-Digit Long Code Number
After you finish the setup process, your account will undergo an approval process. Once your account is approved, then you will be able to select your 10-digit long code number. During this time, your approval status will appear on a banner at the top of the Text app. Once your account is approved, click Get Started on the banner to select your number code.
- Choose the number that you would like to use for your Text marketing (we currently only support US & Canada numbers). You can find an available number via searching City, State, Zip Code, Area Code, Toll-Free, or by typing in a full phone number.
- Click Search Availability to see if your requested number or area code is available.
- A list of applicable numbers will appear. Choose the radio button next to the number you'd like to use, then click Select Number. Note: If your requested number is not available, you will see a "No Matching Results Found" message.
Note: For users who are moving from using a short-code to a long-code number, you will need to take one additional step to activate your short code. Click the Switch to 10-Digit Long Code link on the banner that appears within your Text app, then confirm you’d like to switch to enable your 10-digit long code number. New Text app users can ignore this step.