If any form on your UXi website is receiving spam entries, you can add reCAPTCHA, a free Google service that helps protect forms from spambots. Learn more about how reCAPTCHA works here.
1. Create your reCAPTCHA account
Using the reCAPTCHA feature on a UXi site requires you to set up a free account using this link: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/v3.html
You can set up reCAPTCHA by logging in with your existing Gmail or Google account. To start the process, click the blue Admin Console button at the top right of the welcome screen.
2. Register a new site and create your reCAPTCHA keys
Once logged in, create a new reCAPTCHA by clicking the plus sign + near the top right corner of the dashboard.
- Under Label, enter a name for your reCAPTCHA. This could be your website or business name.
- Important: Select reCAPTCHA V2.
- Enter the site's URL on one line.
*If the site is still in the mockup phase, enter the mockup URL on another line so the keys will be valid on both domains.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions.
*Optional: Select the 'Send alerts to owners' if you'd like to get alerts if Google detects problems with your site, such as misconfigurations or an increase in suspicious traffic
- Click Register! You will then be provided two reCAPTCHA "key" codes that you will copy and paste in the below step.
3. Enter the reCAPTCHA keys on your website
Next, you will want to enter the reCAPTCHA keys in your website's form settings dashboard. Log in to your UXi site, then click on the "Forms" icon on the left-hand sidebar. In the dropdown that appears, select Settings.
- Paste the Site Key and Secret Key to the corresponding fields
- Once both the site key and secret key are entered, a live reCAPTCHA field will display. Select 'I'm not a robot'
- If your keys are valid -and- the site URL was entered correctly on the reCAPTCHA dashboard, green checkmarks should display next to the field. If they don't, please re-visit the account to make sure its configured correctly.
4. Add a CAPTCHA field to your forms
Once the keys are both valid and saved, navigate to the Edit Form screen and add the CAPTCHA field from the Advanced category. Drag it to the correct spot to display in the form. Save the form, and test it by viewing the form in an Incognito window or a separate browser!