One powerful tool in the Marketing 360 CRM is the ability to automate a third-party form to automatically create a new contact in the CRM for any user that submits the form.
This is accomplished by adding a unique email address as a BCC recipient on the form notification email, then configuring Marketing 360 to 'scrape' the contents of the email to add the user's submission details to the correct CRM fields.
In the newest version of Marketing 360, the format of the BCC address has been updated.
As accounts are migrated to the newest version of Marketing 360, the BCC import settings that were set up in the prior version will be migrated as well and continue to function properly.
However, it's a good idea to update the BCC addresses used on any third-party forms to use the new format.
The old format will continue to work, but in order to take advantage of the latest and greatest behind-the-scenes technology, these forms should be updated to send email notifications to the new format.
If The Old Code Still Works, Why Should I Update?
This will allow our engineers to focus on great new features instead of spending time supporting the old format. Think of it this way, if you're updating your BCC addresses, you're helping build the future of Marketing 360®!
Let's start by comparing the two formats so you can identify them when you see them used in forms.
crm+M1234.email@example.com, where M1234 represents the old format of the account number.
crm+A1AN1315685ea1eda1c7f7c.firstname.lastname@example.org, where A1AN1315685ea1eda1c7f7c represents the new format of the account number.
How To Create CRM Contacts From a Third-party Contact Source
To update your form to use the new BCC Address format, follow the process below.
1. Log-in to Marketing 360, then select the account from the Account Menu search bar.
2. Once you're viewing the appropriate account, click the Profile Menu and select Settings.
3. Scroll down to the CRM Settings section, then open the Contact Sources settings.
4. Find the contact source you need to update, and click Edit.
5. Copy the BCC address listed near the top of the page.
6. Log in to the third-party contact source and find the form settings. Here, paste the BCC address you just copied as a recipient on the form notification.
7. Test your submission! While no further updates should be needed, its a good idea to test your form now to make sure a new contact is created in the CRM from your submission. You can always remove the new contact if needed.