Set Submission Rules
Use this section to determine exactly how a new contact will be added to the CRM.
- In the first field, select a Contact Type for the new contact in the CRM. A dropdown menu will appear when you click on the field.
- Select the status that will be assigned to the new contact.
- Select who the contact will be assigned to.
If the option, "Round robin", is selected, contacts will be mapped to selected assignees, one at time. For example, if three assignees are selected, the first contact created through this source will be assigned to the first assignee, the second contact to the second assignee, the third contact to the third assignee, and the fourth contact back to the first; and then the process will be repeated.
- Select what tags will be assigned to the new contact, if applicable.
Duplicate Submission Rules
Use this section to determine what happens if a user submits the form more than once. These settings are all optional
- Click Enable to update an existing contact if they resubmit their information through this source.
- Select Append to Existing Contact Type to ensure that a contact's details will be appended to, and not replace their details if they resubmit their information.
- Select Append to Existing Contact Status to ensure that a contact's details will be appended to, and not replace their details if they resubmit their information.
- Select Append to Existing Assignee to ensure that a contact's details will be appended to the existing Assignee, and not replace them if they resubmit their information.
- Select a Tag to use when a contact resubmits their information. Next, select whether the new tag should be added to the existing settings, or replace it instead.
More Duplicate Submission Settings
Select whether or not to overwrite mapped fields with values from duplicate submissions. This is also an optional setting.
Leaving this setting checked means that a duplicate submission can overwrite the values of the fields mapped to this source. Otherwise, a history item is simply created, and any possible change to individual fields is ignored.
Add Submission Rules to Marketing 360® Forms
- To edit your Form’s submission rules, navigate to the Marketing 360® Forms page in the Leads Inbox.
- Click on the Overflow menu next to the form the you would like to edit.Then, select Submission Rules.