A Few Things to Note About Connecting Your Instagram Account
The workflow to connect an Instagram account works a little differently. To connect your Instagram account, here are a few things to know first:
- You can only connect to Instagram Professional accounts. If you currently have a personal Instagram account, you'll need to log-in with your mobile device and switch your account to Professional. Click here to learn how.
- The Instagram Business account must already be linked to your Facebook account.
- When you click the button to link your Marketing 360 account to Instagram, you will be directed to Facebook to make the connection.
Connecting Your Instagram Account to Marketing 360
1. Click the Instagram logo to connect the account. This will redirect you to Facebook. Select the account you'd like to use for the connection and click Continue as.
2. Once you've selected the Facebook account, the next step is to select the Instagram account.
3. On the following dialog, select Yes on all four options, then click Done. All four of these are required for Marketing 360 to fully connect.
4. When the connection is complete, you'll see a dialog that reads You've now linked Marketing 360® to Facebook. Click OK to return to Marketing 360®.
Creating a Post on Instagram
Due to current API limitations on Instagram, a slightly different workflow is necessary to publish new posts there. You can create and schedule Instagram posts as usual, but you have to publish the post from the Instagram platform itself.
While we continue to work on a more streamlined solution, here's how it works.
1. Follow the process as usual to:
- Create the draft from the Create screen,
- Review the draft and schedule it from the Drafts screen,
- Approving the post from the Pending screen if needed.
2. When the post is sent to the Scheduled page, an email notification is sent to all users with the Post Approver status. Click the link in the email. This will lead you to the Marketing 360® Scheduled Posts page.
2. Click the Download an go to Instagram button near the bottom of the page. This will copy the post's content to your clipboard, download the image to your computer, and take you to your Instagram profile.
Note: Instagram does not allow publishing from a desktop computer, so it'll be best to open the email on a mobile device. Clicking the link on your mobile device will open the Instagram app and allow you to publish your post.
This solution isn't perfect, but as the Instagram API continues to evolve, our engineers also continue to work towards a more streamlined solution. Keep your eyes peeled for an update! We'll let you know as soon as Instagram posts can be made directly from your dashboard.