You can edit your Uxi website by using the tabs in the left-hand vertical navigation.
How to Add Users
You can add, delete, or manage the users who can log in and edit your site by selecting the "users" icon in the vertical left-hand navigation.
In the drop-down menu that appears, you can select Add New to add new users to your website. To delete a user or update login information, select All Users.
How to Edit Page Content
Pages can be edited by selecting the "pages" icon in the vertical left-hand navigation. Here, you can edit, add or view pages on your site. You can also access the text and visual editors here.
You can add images to your pages from the media library here as well. Once you have added your images to the page, you can click on it to adjust its size and where it appears on the page.
There are a couple of settings to be aware of when editing page content:
- The layout will always start as “Default.” It is recommended that you do not change this.
- Be aware of any HTML formatting that may already be implemented on your site.
How to Add Images to a Page
There are two methods to add images to a page:
- Embed images using HTML in the text editor. This is recommended if you are familiar with HTML, to ensure proper formatting.
- Using the Add Media button at the top of the page while in the Visual editor. You can upload images that you have already uploaded to the media library here. Select the image and select “Insert into Page.” After the image is inserted, you can select it to view the image editor.
How to Add Menus and Navigation Items
1. Select the Menu editor in the left-hand navigation.
2. From here, you can select either Main, Right, Left, or Footer Navigation depending on the set up of your site. Typically, you will select Main Navigation from the drop-down options. Choose which menu you would like to edit and click Select.
3. All pages are visible on the left page menu. Select and add the desired page to the menu you are editing.
4. After this step, you can drag and drop the page to designate it as a Navigation Item OR a Sub-Navigation Item of an existing navigation link.
5. Click Save Menu to save your changes.
How to Add a Blog
From the main dashboard, select the "pin" icon on the left vertical navigation to access your blog.
From the blog page, you can view or edit past posts and add new ones. To add a new blog, click the Add New button at the top of the blog edit page.
You have the option to edit the text using the editor provided here (the visual editor) in addition to a text editor where you can format this page using HTML.
When you are finished adding blog content, click Publish!
How to Add Media to the Media Library
1. Select the Media library in the navigation to open.
2. Click the Add New button at the top and this will allow you to import one or bulk image(s) from your computer.
3. Once the image is uploaded, you can select it to see the details of the image. The image is hosted at the URL within the library. Every image on the site will need to be hosted within the Media Library to have a URL associated with it. This will be important if you ever want to add an image to an inner page/page content.
Note: Try to compress your images as much as possible. If you are adding an image that is 2000 pixels wide at its highest resolution, this can negatively affect your page speed load time and hurt your search engine ranking. You can resize images in Photoshop, Microsoft Paint and even online image compressors such as http://www.imageoptimizer.net/