When customers add products to cart and head to checkout, they can choose how to pay for their order using any of the payment methods that you've enabled in the Payments tab of your Websites 360 Shop App dashboard.
How to view your active payment methods
- Click Shop App from your Marketing 360 dashboard or select it from the App Menu near the top left corner of the page.
- From the Shop App dashboard, click Payments from the navigation in the left column.
Your active payment options will be displayed at the top of the page.
Accepting orders online
You can use online and offline payment methods to accept payments. An online method would allow a customer to pay with their card right from the website, while an offline order might entail paying in-person. Offering customers both options will increase conversion and reduce the number of abandoned orders. There's no limit to how many payment methods you can set up.
Online payment methods
With online payment methods you can accept credit cards, debit cards, or PayPal payments from your online store.
The Websites 360 Shop App integrates with many different third-party payment systems to process your transactions. You can see what payment systems are available for your store country in the Payment page of your Shop App dashboard. Scroll to the Other ways to get paid section and click Choose Payment Processor.
Here's a quick breakdown of how online payments works:
- A customer is ready to make a purchase, goes to checkout at your store and chooses an online payment method.
- Websites 360 Shop sends info about the customer’s order to the payment processor.
- Depending on how Websites 360 Shop is integrated with your processor:
- The customer enters payment information right in your store’s checkout and confirms the payment.
- The customer enters payment information in your payment processor's website and confirms the payment.
- Payment processor requests payment from the card's issuing bank. If the card is valid and the account has sufficient funds, the card’s issuing bank authorizes the transaction and releases funds to the payment processor (if there is an issue, the card's issuing bank declines the transaction).
- After shopper gets charged, the payment is transferred to your merchant account with the payment processor.
- The payment processor automatically sends the info about a successful transaction to Websites 360 Shop, then your shop sets a "Paid" order status for the order (if the transaction was declined, the payment processor informs Websites 360 Shop about it and a Cancelled status is set for the order).
You can check order payment statuses in your Websites 360 Shop admin in My Sales.
Your payment provider has to process a transaction first, then it adds the funds to your merchant account. For successfully processed orders, you can withdraw the money from your merchant account to your bank account.
Offline payment methods
For customers who pick up their orders in person or don't want to pay online using a credit card, you can offer manual payment methods like pay in store!
After you register Websites 360 Shop account, you can start accepting orders in your store as soon as you add products because an offline payment method (Phone Order) is enabled in your store by default.
With an offline payment method, no actual payment is gathered during the order placement. You can allow the customer to enter their info in the order details, then pay when picking up their order in-store.
How Customers Pay Online
- After customers visit your store, add products to their cart, and proceed to checkout, they specify their email address and see payment options you have enabled.
- Your customers select the payment option they prefer and proceed.
For online payments, customers enter their details and pay immediately.
For offline payments like in-store pickup or cash on delivery, customers follow payment instruction added by you. Be sure to add descriptions to these methods so users know what their options are for payment when they pickup / have their order delivered.
- In both cases, if orders are successfully placed, customers receive Order Confirmations by email.
- When you change a payment or fulfillment status of an order, your store sends email notification about this update to the buyer as well. Make sure you’ve enabled the Order Confirmation and Order Status Changed notification types in your Websites 360 Shop dashboard, Settings > Mail.