Can a gift card be used more than once?
Yes, a customer can use a gift card in multiple orders until the entire balance is spent.
Can more than one card be applied to an order?
No. You can only apply one gift card to an order.
Can I restrict gift cards to certain items?
No. A gift card can be used to pay for any products or services in your store.
How do I see the full gift card code?
Customers see the full code when they get an email after purchasing a gift card. You, as a store owner, can see the full gift card code in the Websites 360 Shop App dashboard, if you click Catalog > Gift cards > View and manage all sold gift cards. Click Actions next to the gift card you want to check and click View gift card details.
How do I change the template of a gift card email?
Currently, there is not an option for customizing that email.
How do I give a free gift card to a customer?
There is no option to issue a free gift card in the Websites 360 Shop App dashboard. However, you can buy a gift card from your storefront (without any actual payment) to get a gift card code and send that code to your customer. While this is a bit of an 'outside the box' approach, we understand that sometimes that's necessary for top notch customer service.
To give someone a gift card for free:
- Temporarily enable any offline payment method in your store so that you don’t have to actually pay for the gift card.
- Go to your storefront, add a gift card to your cart, and place an order.
- Find the order in your Websites 360 Shop App dashboard and change the order status to "Paid." Since you used an offline payment method, the order will appear with the "Awaiting payment" status and the gift card will only be emailed once an order status is changed to "Paid."
- Find the gift card email in your inbox.
- You can either resend or forward the email to the customer or simply send the gift card code in any messaging app.