Along with physical and digital products and services, you can sell gift cards from the Websites 360 Shop App®. Your customers purchase a gift card for any amount you specify and get delivered straight to their email inbox!
After a customer gets a notification email with the gift card details, they can forward this email to the gift recipient. The recipient can use the gift card to pay for products in your store until they spend the entire card balance.
Please not that any order containing a gift card must have an order status of Paid before the gift card will send.
Enabling Gift Cards
Need online gift cards NOW? Follow the next three steps to get a basic gift card added to your Websites 360 Shop App in no time!
- To begin, click Shop App from the Marketing 360 dashboard or from the App Menu near the top left corner of the page.
- From the websites 360 Shop App dashboard, click Catalog > Gift cards.
- Click Create Gift Card. This will create a default gift card with the amount options of $50, $100, and $200 and no customized image. Click here to see an example.
- If you're happy with that, click Create Gift Card and start selling gift cards with the default settings.
Customizing Gift Cards
To give your online gift cards a personality to match your business, follow the steps below to add a customized gift card to your Websites 360 Shop App.
- If you'd like to customize a gift card to make it match the look and feel of your business, simply click Change Settings.
- Edit the amounts available as needed. If you would like to add more, just click + Add New Payment Amount.
- Click + Upload Image below the amount options to add a custom image to your gift card. This will allow you to select an image from your computer. Drag your image to the far left, so it gets marked as the Main image. You can continue to upload as many images as you'd like to feature.
- If needed, edit the name of the gift card. This is what will display in your store front to customers.
- If needed, add a SKU to the gift card.
- If needed, add a description to the gift card. This will display below the image and amount options when customers view the card in your store. Here's the best opportunity to inform customers what they can spend the card on, etc.
- Add the gift card to any store category by clicking Assign categories to this product >. This will allow you to display gift cards in specific shop categories if needed. Products that do not have any categories assigned are displayed as featured. If you’d like to remove this product from featured, first assign it to a category.
- If needed, set an Expiry period. By default, gift cards are set to never expire. You can change that setting by clicking Catalog > Gift cards > Gift card expiry.
Please make sure that you comply with the laws of the areas where you sell as setting the expiry period may be illegal in some countries or regions.