Automated text marketing journeys are sets of text messages that are sent at scheduled intervals. Each message within a journey can be sent out right away or scheduled for a later time. Get creative; Use automated journeys to send your customers coupons, trivia, payment reminders, or just about anything else!
Creating New Automated Text Marketing Journey
First, select Nurture from the app bar, then open the Text Marketing drop down menu and click Automation to get started.
1. Click + Create New Journey near the top right corner of the page.
2. In the modal that displays, enter in the journey details.
|Journey Name||Enter a name for the journey. This will only be displayed on your Text Marketing Automated Journeys page, so make the name descriptive enough to make it stand out from your others.|
|Keyword||Enter the keyword users will text you to subscribe to the journey.|
|Journey Description||Enter a description for the journey. Again, this will only be displayed on your Overview. Use it to provide additional details about the goals of the journey, etc to keep your teammates informed.|
|Create a new List with the same name and combo word||Select this option to automatically create a new text marketing list using the same keyword combo.|
3. Click Create Journey.
4. Now that the journey has been created, it's time to add messages. Click the name of the journey.
5. On the journey details page, click + Add Another Message.
6. Enter content for the message in the Message field.
7. Enter a delivery schedule in the Sends fields by entering a number value, then selecting a time unit. For example, enter 1, then select Hours to send the message one hour after the user subscribes.
8. Click Save to save the new message to the journey.
9. Repeat steps 5 - 8 as needed for each message that will make up the journey.
Editing an Existing Journey
If you need to add a new message to a journey or change a journey's details:
1. Search for it on your Automated Journeys page.
2. Click the journey title to start editing.
3. On the resulting page, you can edit the journey details like name, keyword, or description by editing the values of the appropriate text field.
You can also add new messages into the journey by clicking + Add Another Message near the bottom of the page.
Deleting an Existing Journey
If you need to permanently delete a journey, simply click the ⋮ icon, then select Delete.