Banner Builder is an easy to use tool for anyone that wants to design professional image banners in a fast and simple way.
Combine images, shapes, and text to create artwork perfect for social media, blog post images, or even basic infographics!
The Banner Builder tool comes with pre-built templates for quotes, infographics, general design, and Top Rated Local. Not quite sure where to start? Each template includes a background image and a placeholder for text. Just select a template to start with and customize with your own images and text!
Banner Builder also includes pre-set sizes for a variety of today's most popular platforms. Need a new Facebook Cover photo? There's a pre-set for that. Can't quite remember how big images should be to post on Instagram? No sweat, there's a pre-set for that too. Browse the list in the drop down menu to see just how much time you can save with Banner Builder!
Use the magnifying glass icons at the top of the page to zoom in or out. Using the arrow will zoom in as far as possible, filling the screen.
Adding New Layers
Banner Builder includes three different layer types: Image, Text, and Shape. Add a new layer by clicking one of the icons near the top right corner of the page.
|Add New Image Layer||Click to add a new image layer to the canvas.|
|Add New Text Layer||Click to add a new text layer to the canvas.|
|Add New Shape Layer||Click to add a new shape layer to the canvas.|
Each new layer will be added to the bottom of the layers column.
Each new layer added will display in front of the previous layer on the canvas.
Editing Layer Content
1. Expand Layer: Click the expand arrow to display the layer content options
2. Drag Layer: Use this to drag layers up or down in the layer column
3. Duplicate Layer: Click this to create an exact copy of the layer
4. Delete Layer: Click this to delete the layer
Lets see an example of adding and moving layers
Above is a demo of a new shape layer being added to the default canvas, then moved 'behind' the Marketing 360® image layer.
Image Layer Options
1. Upload New Image: Drag 'n drop an image file to upload it to the layer.
2. Add Image From Gallery: Click this to select an image from the gallery.
3. Adjust Layer Opacity: Use the slider to adjust the opacity of the entire layer.
4. Center Layer: Click the vertical arrows to center the vertically on the canvas. Click the horizontal arrows to center the layer horizontally on the canvas.
5. Color Adjustments: Modify the red, green, blue values to add a color overlay on the layer. Modify the alpha value to adjust the intensity of the color overlay.
Lets see an example
This demo highlights many of the controls available for image layers. It includes both incorrect and correct ways to adjust image sizes. Remember to use the corner controls if you don't want to skew the image!
Text Layer Options
1. Layer Text: Enter the text to display on the layer here.
2. Select A Font: Select a font from the dropdown to display the text.
3. Text Styles: Enter a text color, size, alignment, and weight.
4. Text Shadow: Increase the spread value to determine the size of the text shadow. Enter a color to determine the color of the text shadow.
Lets See An Example
This demo highlights the options available for text layers, including how the color picker can be used to get custom colors directly from your artwork!
Shape Layer Options
1. Background: This option determines the background of the shape layer. Select a solid color, gradient, or none. *Pro Tip: Select none to add a shape that uses only a border.
2. Shadow: Increase the spread value to determine the size of the box shadow. Enter a color to determine the color of the box shadow.
3. Border: Select a border width, border color, border radius, and border style.
Lets See an Example
This demo highlights the options available for shape layers, including how to re-order layers, select gradient backgrounds, and adjust layer opacity.
Moving & Re-sizing Layers on the Canvas
Moving a Layer
Once a layer is added, you can adjust it's placement on the canvas by simply clicking the layer on the canvas and dragging it to a new position.
Re-sizing A Layer
To re-size a layer, click it on the canvas to display the blue control handles. Drag the corner handles inward or outward to adjust size. This will keep the layer proportional.
Stretching a layer
To stretch a layer, click it on the canvas to display the blue control handles. Drag the left, right, top, or bottom handle to stretch the layer. *Pro tip: Unless you want to distort an image layer, dragging from these handles is not advised.
Rotating A Layer
To rotate a layer, click it on the canvas to display the blue control handles. Next, click the handle pointing upward from the top to rotate it.
Saving New Images
Once you've added and adjusted all the layers and you're happy with your new graphic, its time to save it so you can put it to use!
1. To save your image, click the blue Save button near the top right corner of the page.
2. When the Save Image modal appears, give the image a name.
3a. Click Save to save the image to the Banner Builder folder in Marketing 360® Files. From there, you can download it any time.
3b. Click Save and Download to save the image to the Banner Builder folder in Marketing 360® Files and download it to your computer.
Exporting & Importing
One of the easiest ways to create brand recognition is with consistent branding. Create a re-usable template from your artwork with the Export & Import feature!
1. Use the steps above to create your artwork.
2. When you're finished, click the ▾ arrow and select Export. This will download a .bannerbuilder file to your computer. Save this somewhere that can be accessed by you and any of your team mates that may need to create new artwork at a later time.
3. To import your file, start by clicking the ▾ arrow next to the Templates drop down menu in the top left corner of the page.
4. Next, select the file you previously saved. This will load in the layers from that artwork. Edit as needed, then save or download! You can continue to import the .bannerbuilder file each time you'd like to start new artwork from the same template.
Lets See an Example
If you design a graphic that you want to re-use, export a template! This demo highlights the quick and simple process of exporting and importing a template to create consistent graphics and branding