The History page automatically tracks many of the actions completed within the CRM, all in one convenient feed. Need to quickly find out when a task was created or when a contact was deleted? Search your history!
By default, CRM History will track any updates made to your contacts, deals, projects, tasks, or lists.
Additionally, you can customize the different activities you want to track using custom types like Call, Email, Meeting, and more.
Filtering and Searching History
You can filter the events by history type, contact type, contact status, or the user that logged the history item using the Filters drop down menu.
You can also filter by date using the date picker. Search by a specific term by using the search bar.
1. Click + History in the top right corner of the page.
2. Start typing the name of the contact the you'd like to add a history item to.
3. Enter the details. Describe the action in detail so team mates know what was accomplished.
4. Select a History Type. This list is populated by the CRM History Types that were configured during the initial setup.
Editing History Types
The CRM History automatically logs updates to contacts, deals, projects, and tasks. However, you can also use History to track additional events that are specific to your business or organization. For these cases, you can create your own history types.
1. Click Settings form the navigation menu on the left side of the page.
2. Click History Types in the CRM Settings section.
3. Click + Add History Type in the top right corner of the page or + Add New at the bottom of the History Types list.
4. Enter the new history type.
5. Click Submit.
Important Note: Because these history types are fully custom, they will not automatically be tracked in your history logs. You'll need to use the + Add History tool on the Deals, Projects, Tasks, or History page.
Sync Your Emails With the CRM
Email plays an important role in communicating with customers. The Marketing 360® CRM can automatically track emails in the History to help you keep track! To automatically copy your emails into the CRM History:
1. Click the ⋮ icon at the top right corner of the page.
2. Copy the supplied BCC email address and use it to create a new contact in your email provider. When you create the new contact, be sure to include the client's name to keep each account's BCC recipient separate.
|Contact name||Contact Email|
|MADventures Outdoors Email Syncemail@example.com.|
2. Whenever you email a customer, include this new contact as a BCC recipient.
Voila! Your email will now be tracked in the Marketing 360® CRM History! Should you ever forget to include this BCC recipient on an important email, just manually add a new history item.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind When Syncing Email to Marketing 360 History:
1. The BCC address must be used as a BCC recipient.
2. The email recipient must be an existing contact with matching email in CRM.
3. The email must be sent from the same email address you use to login to Marketing 360®.
To export your history, click the the ⋮ icon in the top right corner of the page, then select Export History. This will give you the option to export all history logs or just the history logs from a current search. Just select what you'd like to export and click Submit. This tool will generate a CSV file that can be imported on other Marketing 360® CRM accounts.
If you've already created a history export using the process outlined above, import your file by clicking the ▾ arrow next to + History and clicking Import History. The default Column Separator is a comma.