If a business gets tons of positive reviews in the forest and no one is around to read them, did they ever really get reviewed?
Review widgets can help make sure your reviews don't go unnoticed. Our Widgets tool lets you build a clickable widget that displays your reviews and ratings on your website.
Access Review Widgets and Badges
Log in to Marketing 360. On the left-hand sidebar, click on Reputation to navigate to your Reputation Overview. This is where you can manage your reviews or business listing information on the Top Rated Local® platform.
Next, select Widgets from the page menu to navigate to the Widgets page. This page displays all existing widgets that have been added to an account.
The list of widgets displays the ID, the Domain it was built to display on, and the Type of widget. Hover over any existing widget to view more actions. You can click the Edit (pencil) icon to edit the widget or click the ⋮ icon to embed it or delete it. If the account has a large number of separate domains, you can search by domain to find the widget you need.
Building a New Widget
Click the blue New Widget button at the top-right corner of the page to create a new Top Rated Local® widget to display on your website. If you only need to edit an existing widget, click here to learn how!
Use the Edit Widget panel to configure your new widget.
While you configure your widget options in the Edit Widget panel, you can preview the look and functionality in the Widget Preview panel.
1. Enter your domain.
Note: When entering your domain, remember to include the full URL including http:// or https://
2. Select a Widget Type. An example of each option is included below for comparison.
Corner With Custom Text
Inline With Custom Text
Display Rating Score™
Display Overall Average
Large Reviews Widget
Large Ratings Widget
Broncos Business Pick
Eagles Business Pick
Huskers Business Pick
3. If you selected a widget type with custom text, enter your Header and Sub Header text.
4. Identify the Mobile Widget Type for any widget type except those that are in-line or large widgets. Preview the mobile type by selecting the mobile icon on the widget preview screen.
||Tab - Rating Score™
||Tab - Overall Rating
||Tab - Total Number of Reviews
5. Select a Business Type. This determines the text that's displayed in the widget.
|Business Type||Use Case|
|Top Rated Local®||Select this option if your business or organization focuses on a local level of marketing.|
|Rated National®||Select this option if your business or organization focuses on a national level of marketing.|
|Top Rated eCommerce®||Select this option if your business or organization focuses marketing for e-commerce.|
6. Select a Left or Right position. This determines which corner of your website will display the widget.
7. Select a Click Behavior
|Popup Modal||When a user clicks the widget, a pop-up window will display the ratings & reviews.|
|New Tab To Your Profile||When a user clicks the widget, the browser will open your profile in a new tab.|
8. If you selected a Popup Modal Behavior, select your Popup Content.
|Show Reviews||When a user clicks the widget, the pop-up window will display reviews.|
|Show Rating Sources||When a user clicks the widget, the pop-up window will display rating sources.|
9. Once all your settings are configured, click the blue Save Widget button at the top right corner of the page.
Adding a Widget to Your Website
Once your widget has been set up with all the necessary settings, its time to add it to your website!
If you have a Websites 360® website, you can add your widget to your website using one of two methods:
- Pasting the embed code to your widget in your Google Tag Manager dashboard. This is recommended to prevent interference with your site's mobile footer (more on that below).
- Creating an HTML Block in your website's Footer and pasting your embed code in the block.
To Add the Code to Your Footer
- Log in to your Websites 360® dashboard and select Content at the top of the page.
- At the top-right corner, under Global Content, click on Footer.
- On the Footer page, click one of the green (+) buttons and select HTML.
- In the newly-created HTML Block, PASTE the embed code in the main text area, then click Save.
Turn off Your Mobile Footer
If you have a "Custom Mobile Footer" set on your Websites 360® site, then your Top Rated Local® badge may not appear. You can bypass this interference by instead placing your Top Rated Local® widget code within Google Tag Manager; however, you can alternately turn off your Mobile Footer by following the steps below:
- Select the "gear" icon at the top of your Websites 360® dashboard, then click on Extras at the top of the page, and select Mobile from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the section labeled Mobile Footer, and turn off the toggle switch labeled Use Custom Mobile Footer.
Other Website Platforms
For all other website platforms, follow the below instructions to embed your Top Rated Local® widget:
- Click the Embed button in the top right corner of the page
- When the modal with the HTML code appears, click the Copy Embed Code button
- Navigate to your website platform's edit suite, and paste the code into the Footer script of your website.
- If you are using a WordPress-based website, navigate to the Settings dashboard, find the Header & Footer Script dashboard, then paste the code in the Footer script field.
Editing an Existing Widget
To edit an existing widget, hover over the widget name on the Widgets page, then click the blue Edit icon that appears in the Action column.
To learn more about how to edit a widget, look through the section above that outlines how widgets are built from scratch! The options are the same for editing an existing widget.
If I Edit a Widget, Do I Have to Re-Paste the Code to my Website?
No! Once a widget is created, its embed code never changes. This allows you to make changes straight from the Edit Widgets page in Marketing 360®!
Deleting a Widget
If a widget is no longer needed, you can delete it from your account to keep things tidy.
1. Hover over the widget title and click the ⋮ icon next to the widget title.
2. Select the Delete option.
3. Confirm that you'd like to delete the widget by clicking Yes when prompted.