Note: When adding your domain, you'll want to make sure the domain is pointed to our server within your registrar.
Option 1: Add a Custom Domain
If you have purchased your own domain name from a registrar, then you can follow the steps below to add it to your website:
1. First, navigate to the Settings dashboard from your top menu, then click on Domains.
2. Click the green Add Custom Domain button, and type in your domain. You will type in your custom domain twice, once including www. and once without. (For example, www.mydomain.com & mydomain.com)
3. Once your custom domains are added, you will have the option to set your primary domain by enabling the toggle option next to the domain name. Selecting the primary domain without the www. is a standard recommendation by our team, but isn't always required if you have technical reasons. Your other domains will point your visitors to your primary website.
4. Click Activate Domains once you are done adding in your new domain to launch your website!
Option 2: Use a subdomain
If you have not yet purchased your own domain name, then you can launch your website using a Websites 360® subdomain. Subdomains are usually for temporary use; for example, you can use a subdomain to share a mockup of your new website with colleagues before you launch it on your own custom domain.
To use a subdomain:
- Click the green Add Subdomain button on the left-hand side of the Domains dashboard.
- Enter you subdomain in the field that appears, then click Save. Note: the subdomain will always have .mywebsites360.com appended to the end of it. This is not editable.
- Mark the newly added subdomain is set as the Primary domain.
Once your domain is connected, you'll want to double-check the following details before your website goes live:
- If you haven't yet, make sure your domain is pointed to the Websites 360® IP address within your domain registrar.
- Make sure your website is able to be indexed by search engines.