To launch your site on a live domain, please follow the directions below:
Part 1. Registrar Setup
- Log in to your domain registrar.
- Once you are logged in, find the DNS Manager for your domain.
Note: If you run into any issues locating the DNS Manager, we recommend you contact your domain registrar’s support team, as they will likely be able to help you add the following record as well.
- In the DNS Manager, change the current record or add a new A Record (be sure to insert only ONE A Record into the DNS Zone File, as multiples will create issues.)
Pro Tip: take screenshot of old DNS records so you can always revert them if there are issues.
Option Value Record A Host @ or yourdomainname.com (Example: websites360.com) Points to 22.214.171.124 TTL 600 or 3600 (depending on what your domain registrar allows)
If your site uses nameservers, remove them or park the domain to the default nameservers.
- Save your changes.
Important: DNS changes typically take 24 to 48 hours for the change to fully take place. If you have any email setup on the domain, take note of your current MX records in order to not interrupt your email service.
Common support topics on popular registrars are listed below:
Part 2: Websites 360® Backend Setup
- Log in to your Websites 360® Dashboard via mywebsites360.com.
- if you are the owner of multiple sites, make sure to select the correct site from the Active Site drop down menu at the top left corner of the dashboard.
- Select Settings (gear icon) up at the top right.
- Select the domains tab Domains
- Select Add Custom Domain
- Enter the domain or subdomain you just created through your DNS settings and press save.
Make sure and add a domain for the www. and non www. version of your domain i.e:
- Set one as your Primary domain and then Select "Activate domains" once complete.
- Press refresh a a couple times until it says resolved.
- If marketing or you want your site discoverable via internet search engines make sure you allow search engines to crawl your site by following this tutorial on SEO Search Settings.