To ensure that your website is running to its best capability, while also showcasing your best photographs, we recommend sizing your images to these resolutions/dimensions before you upload them to your image collection.
- For file storage size, a good rule of thumb is to keep your image file size under 300KB.
- For the image dimensions, you should size your images at 2560px wide by 1700px tall for landscape/horizontal images, and 1700px wide by 2560px tall for portrait/vertical images.
How to Resize an Image
You can resize your photos within your computer's default image viewing program. For Apple/Mac computers, this will be Preview.
1. Open the image in Preview.
2. In the top right corner of the screen, select Tools, and then Adjust size.
3. Enter in the specific dimensions you'd like to save the image to, and then select OK.
4. Save your image, and then upload to the image collections library!
Recommended File Type
Always use JPG files for images. PNG files can be very large and don't necessarily make your image look better. However, you should use PNG files for graphics like logos, icons, or any image with a transparent background.