1. Navigate to Facebook Ads Manager, then set up your pixel by clicking the Get Started button at the top right of the page.
2. Choose the pixel name and click the Create button.
3. Select Manually Install the Code Yourself.
4. Copy the first half of the pixel code, beginning at <script> and ending at </script>.
5. With that copied, navigate to the Developer Tools by clicking the [<>] icon in the gray navigation bar, and click on Head JS.
6. Paste the first part of the code into the text field, removing the <script> and </script> from the text field.
7. Click on the Save button and then head over to your Footer.
Note: The footer is the best place to insert sitewide embed codes as it inserts it on all of your pages, however, these embed codes can also be placed on individual pages.
8. Once in the Footer, select the green (+) button.
9. Add the HTML content block.
10. Paste the second half of the script code from Facebook Ads Manager in the large field box. This code begins at <noscript> and ends at </noscript>.
11. Select the blue Save button.
12. Select the green Publish button to make the change live to your site.
Optional: Run your website through the Facebook Pixel Helper to ensure that it's running and capturing data.