Google Analytics offers you a great and free way to monitor the different traffic going to your website. You can verify Google Analytics by adding the GA4 Tag to your website using the steps below.
If you have not yet created a Google Analytics account, you can find out how here.
Part 1: Create Your GA4 Tag in Google Analytics
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Under PROPERTY, click + Create Property
- Enter your Property Name (i.e. your website or business name), set a time zone, then click Next.
- You can answer Google's questions about how you will use your account, but it is not required. Click Create at the bottom of the page.
- In the Property column, select Data Streams.
- A new menu will appear. When prompted to choose a platform, select Web.
- Enter your Website URL and enter Stream Name (you can enter your website name or business name), then click Create Stream.
- On the Stream Details page, scroll down to the section labeled Google tag, and click on View tagging instructions.
- Click the tab labeled Install manually, then COPY the code that appears. You'll want to save the code to a clipboard or other document, as you'll need it for the next steps.
Part 2: Add the Tag to Your Website
- Navigate back to your Websites 360® dashboard and click on CONTENT at the top of the page.
- In the top-right corner of the CONTENT panel, click on Footer underneath the section labeled Global Sidebar.
- On the Footer page, click one of the green (+) buttons, then select HTML from the menu items to create a new HTML Block.
- PASTE the code inside the HTML Block, then click Save.
- Click the green PUBLISH button at the top of your website dashboard.