To add a custom form to your website built with Wufoo, first, go to Wufoo.com and click “Sign Up Free”.
1. Create your account, then click the “Let’s go make one!” green link to go to the form builder.
2. Choose the fields you want, and add custom titles, descriptions, and instructions by typing in the lefthand column next to the preview of your form.
3. Click Save Form. A pop-up will appear giving you three options - to continue editing the form, set up email notifications, or go to the Form Manager.
4. If your form is complete, click to set up email notifications so when someone fills out your form on your website, you’ll receive an email.
5. Once you’ve done this, click the Forms tab to go back to the Form Manager.
6. Beneath the name of your brand new form, click the Share button.
7. On the next page, in the upper righthand corner, click the API Information button.
8. Highlight and copy the API Key that appears on the next page.
9. Now head back to your website's dashboard, and click on the Settings icon in the gray navigation bar.
10. Click on the Apps tab under the Settings header, and then the green Add Third Party App button to begin the connection.
11. Click on the Forms tab, and then the Wufoo tile.
12. Type in the subdomain you chose for your Wufoo account (example.wufoo.com), then paste in the API Key and select Save.
You’re now ready to add the form to any page on your website:
13. Go to the page where you want the form, select the green + button and choose the green Form tile.
14. Then choose the Wufoo form you just created from the dropdown list in the Form block.
15. Select Publish to take your changes live!
Add a conversion tracking code to your website with Wufoo:
Firstly, you will want to create a Thank You page within the CMS. This page is what your users will see after they submit the form. Creating this page will allow you to track conversions in Google Analytics. Please note that you will need to have an upgraded account through Wufoo to complete all of these steps. Jotform.com is a good alternative that is free to use and has all the features you will be needing for this article.
1. Select the Content tool from the gray navigation bar.
2. Select the green Add New Pages button, and create a Generic page and name it Thank You or something similar.
3. Write a short line or paragraph on your page thanking your viewers for submitting the form and confirm that it was successfully sent. Select Publish when done.
4. Open a new tab and navigate to your Thank You page, copy the URL from your browser.
5. Navigate to Wufoo.com, login and select Edit under your form.
6. Select Form Settings and then select Redirect to Website (Note: You will need to be an upgraded member to complete this action).
7. Paste the URL of your Thank You page that users will see after they submit the form.
8. Select Save Form when done.
9. Now, navigate to Google Analytics and go to your site's data page.
10. Select Conversions on the bottom, righthand side. Then select Goal URLs under Goals:
11. Select the grey Setup Goals button.
12. Select the red + NEW GOAL button.
13. Choose a template that suits your form, or select a custom one. Then select Continue.
14. Then, name your Goal URL. Then select Continue.
15. In destination, enter the URL of your Thank You page.
16. Select Save.
Done! You have successfully added a Thank You page with Google Analytics conversion tracking to your Wufoo form.