You can set up a single "splash page" or "landing page" on your website that doesn't let users visit anywhere else on your website. This is helpful if you'd like to have a temporary "under construction" page for users to visit while you are building or redesigning your website in the background.
To set up a temporary landing page:
1. Click on the Content tab in the gray navigation bar and select the green Add New Pages button to add a new splash page (we recommend the Generic page).
2. Once you’ve added that page, click into it and edit your content.
3. Click on the blue Design this page link on the top right side of the page information.
4. Click on the Page tab on the right-hand side of the Design panel preview and select the gear icon on the page area.
5. Tick the item that says Hide Navigation. This will keep customers from seeing your other pages. You may also tick to hide the header or footer if you choose, but hiding navigation is important so it will keep visitors from visiting other pages that you are working on.
6. Now you can go back to the Content panel and locate the new page’s gear icon.
7. Select the blue Use as Homepage link to change your homepage to the new landing page.
The new Under Construction page has been created and users won't be able to view the rest of the website while it is being crafted!
To remove your landing page
1. Select the Content tab in the gray navigation bar.
2. On your official homepage, select the gear icon to the right of the page title.
3. Select the blue Use as Homepage link to change your homepage back.
4. On your landing/splash page, select the gear icon and toggle Page Visibility to off (gray).
To Change your Homepage
With the dashboard, you can convert any page into a homepage within the Content panel.
1. Select Content in the gray navigation bar and locate the Page block that you would like to have as your homepage.
2. Select the gear icon and toggle the blue Use as Homepage button to set it as your homepage.
Note: The house icon will appear to easily signify the page as your homepage.
Article is closed for comments.