You have the ability to allow multiple users to manage and contribute to your website.
Add a New User
- From your Dashboard, look to the left navigation bar and select the Users sub-header to see the list of users with access to your website.
- Select Add New button (found at the very top of the page), enter in the user's email address, name, and then choose a role for them. (Note, that each role has a specific purpose, and some roles restrict access to certain features on the website.)
- Set up a Password and share it with the user so they may use it to sign in.
We recommend the new user change their password for added security, you can do this with a password reset email (see below).
- Click on the Add New User button to grant access to your site to the new user.
When you hover over the user on the User dashboard, you'll be able to edit, delete, and view the user as well as send a password reset email to the user.
To Change a User Role
To change a user's role, a user with Owner or Admin access will need to log in and change the user's role.
- Navigate to the Users page.
- Hover over the user you'd like to change and click Edit. Select the desired User Role, then click Update User.
Note: The user may need to refresh their browser or log out and back in again to see changes on their end.
Descriptions of User Roles
There are different roles to assign when adding new users to a site:
Has access to all the administration features within a single site.
|Can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users
|Can publish and manage their own posts.
|Can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
|Can only manage their profile.