You can upsell more products to your customers during their shopping products by adding a "You may also like" section to entice them to add related products to their cart. You can add this feature to a specific product details page, as well as on the checkout page.
Add 'related products' to a product page
To add related products to your catalog, you will need to set it up one product at a time:
- Navigate to Catalog > Products on the left-hand sidebar of your shop dashboard.
- Select a product.
- Click the Related Products tab at the top of the page.
- If you haven't yet set up related products for this item yet, click Enable. If you have already set them up, then you can skip to the next section.
By default, the block will display five random products from the catalog. You can click the link labeled change the category or number of products to customize the category and amount of products displayed.
The related products will display in a section labeled You May Also Like on the product details page.
Choose specific products to display
If you would like to manually choose which products will appear:
- Click the "trash can" icon next to 5 ransom products from catalog.
- Click the + Add Products button.
- In the dropdown menu that appears, check the boxes next to each item you'd like to include.
- (Optional): Check the box Link back selected items as related to this product to also show this product as a "related products" on the selected product pages.
- Click Add Products.
- Click Save.
If you'd like to have a mix of randomly-selected products and specific products you've selected, then you can skip Step 1.
Add 'related products' to checkout
You can also show related products at the checkout page to attempt to upsell more products to your customers:
- Navigate to Settings > General on the left-hand sidebar of your shop dashboard.
- Click the Cart & Checkout tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the Related Products section. Select On product details page and in cart from the dropdown menu.
The related products will display in a section labeled You May Also Like below the checkout area.