If you are looking to make changes to your business' Facebook page - for example, linking it with a third-party service, or letting a marketing company run Facebook ads - you will need to make sure you have Ownership access of your page.
The process to find the page owner may differ based on whether you have the "New Pages Experience" or "Classic Page" dashboard on your Facebook business page.
New Pages Experience
If you’re using the New Pages Experience, follow these steps to find the page owner:
- Login to your Meta Business Suite: business.facebook.com
Select All tools on the left-hand sidebar.
- On the menu that appears, select Page Settings under the Manage column.
- Select New Pages Experience on the left-hand sidebar.
- You will land on the Page Access panel. Here, you can see what people and business accounts have access to the page as well as who owns the account.
If you have a Classic Page, follow these steps to find the page owner:
- Log in to Facebook and navigate to your business page.
- Select Settings in the left-hand sidebar.
- Select Page Roles (you may need to scroll down to see page roles).
- Under the Page Owner section, you will see who owns the page. If a business manager owns the page, it will include an ID like this.
- If the page owner's business ID does not match the ID in the URL when you go to business.facebook.com/settings, then you do not have access to the correct business manager and will not be able to give us access to the page.
If you are not able to gain ownership of your page from the current owner, follow these steps to regain ownership of your page through Facebook Support.