You can market the products in your Shop directly on the TikTok feed! Your products would appear in a full-screen auto-playing ad, which you can attach a call-to-action button to entice viewers to click on.
After you connect your Shop to TikTok For Business, you will use the TikTok for Business interface to manage your ads. Note: TikTok For Business is separate from a regular TikTok account.
- Connect your store to TikTok
- Create an ad campaign on TikTok
- Requirements for advertising on TikTok
- The different types of TikTok ads
- Analyze your ad campaigns
- Appeal an account suspension
Connect your store to TikTok
To advertise on TikTok, you will need to connect your store catalog to your TikTok For Business account. You can create your account on TikTok For Business during the connection process.
Note: TikTok will pull your store's country, currency settings, and website address. Please ensure these settings are correct before connecting to TikTok.
- In your Shop dashboard, select the TikTok page.
- Enter your personal mobile phone number in the Phone number for TikTok Business Tools field.
- Select + Connect TikTok Account.
- Log in to your TikTok For Business account, then click Connect. If you don’t yet have an account, select Sign Up in the top-right corner.
- Follow the steps provided in the setup wizard to complete the connection process. Note: Make sure you turn off ad blockers/toolbar extensions, as they may interfere with the setup wizard.
After you complete the setup wizard, TikTok will review your products, which may take up to several hours. You can check out the status in the Products on TikTok section on the TikTok page in your shop dashboard. Once approved, the products will appear in the TikTok Store Manager.
If any of your products are rejected, then you can appeal the decision, or you can simply update your product details as outlined by TikTok.
Create an ad campaign on TikTok
You can create your ad campaign right from your Shop dashboard. Note: Make sure you add payment information on TikTok Ads Manager before you create your ad campaign.
- Navigate to the TikTok page in your Shop dashboard.
- Scroll down to TikTok Ads and click Create Ad Campaign.
- You will be redirected to the ad creation page. Set up your campaign here.
- Click Submit when finished.
TikTok will begin to review your ad campaign, which can take up to 24 hours.
Requirements for advertising on TikTok
To advertise on TikTok, you need to meet the following conditions:
- Your Shop must be based in one of the following countries, and and using the following currencies: Australia (AUD or USD), Canada (CAD, USD), Egypt (EGP, USD), France (Euro, USD, GBP), Germany (Euro, USD, GBP), Indonesia (IDR, USD), Israel (USD), Italy (Euro, USD, GBP), Japan (JPY, USD), Malaysia (MYR or USD), Saudi Arabia (SAR, USD), Singapore (SGD, USD), South Korea (KRW, USD), Spain (Euro, USD, GBP), Taiwan (TWD or USD), Thailand (THB or USD), Turkey (TRY, USD), United Arab Emirates (AED, USD), United Kingdom (GBP, Euro, USD), United States (USD, Euro, GBP), Vietnam (VND, USD)
- You must have a professional account on TikTok.
- You must have a TikTok For Business account. If you don’t have one, you can create it during the account connection process outlined above.
- Your ads must comply with TikTok advertising policies.
The different types of TikTok ads
There are a few different types of ads. You can use both images and videos in ads.
The Promote tool lets you boost your content quickly, by turning any existing post into an ad.
Spark ads lets you publish ads using your own TikTok account's posts, or posts made by other creators with their permission. You can add call-to-action buttons on the post. Customers tap anywhere on the video to redirect to your TikTok profile, which will improve your profile's organic traffic.
Lead Generation lets you capture leads using contact forms. When someone taps the call-to-action button in your in-feed video ad, a pop-up with a form will appear.
Collection Ads are an in-feed video ad that leads users to an Instant Gallery Page, which lets them browse your products without leaving the app. You can choose the products to feature in your Instant Gallery Page, or let TikTok Ads Manager dynamically display the most relevant products for each user.
Catalog Sales Objective Ads
Catalog Sales is a type of "retargeting" campaign that shows ads featuring specific products to users who have expressed interest in them on your store. This lets you serve more personalized ads to prospective customers.
Analyze your ad campaigns
You can measure the success of your ad campaigns in your TikTok Ads Manager. The Dashboard page that provides an overview of your performance, ad spend, and status of all your campaigns. The Campaign page contains more detailed information.
To find your ad campaign analytics:
- Open TikTok For Business and select the Ads Manager connected to your Shop.
- Open the Dashboard page in the menu bar.
- In the Today's Spends section, you can check your account balance and spending.
- In the Active and Not Delivered sections, you can view the status of all ads, campaigns, and ad groups.
- In the Trends section, view your performance metrics broken down by different categories.
- Open the Campaign page in the menu bar.
- Select the campaign you'd like to view. Use the Filter button to narrow down the number of campaigns to choose from.
- (optional) Click the Custom Columns button to select the data you want to display.
- Click View Data to view the performance data and audience analysis.
Lear more about campaign analytics at the TikTok Help Center.
Appeal an account suspension
You must comply with TikTok Advertising and Shopping policies. If you sell prohibited products, post inappropriate content, or violate TikTok rules, your account will be suspended, which will cause your ads to stop running.
If you believe your account was suspended by mistake, then you can request an appeal:
- In your TikTok Store Manager, find the Your store has been suspended notification at the top of the page, and select Appeal.
- The TikTok team will contact you via email within 24 hours, and will provide steps on how to remove suspension.