Has your organization introduced a new service? Or changing your offerings with the changing of the seasons? Whatever your motivation is to update your Marketing 360® Form field options, you'll want to be sure your form is updated with the latest offerings in your CRM. Collecting this information in your CRM can be useful for marketing to specific groups based on the option(s) they select on the form.
This article will cover syncing your Marketing 360® Form field options to the CRM. Create and Edit Forms is our full guide on Form editing. If you are looking to sync forms not built in Marketing 360®, check out Sync Leads From a 3rd-Party Form Into Your CRM.
Flow of information
Your CRM is where you are saving all of your contacts' data. We can collect new information using forms. By setting up your forms to sync to the CRM, you'll have the most up-to-date data saving in your CRM.
Note, there is no way for the CRM to automatically capture previously submitted data. The CRM will start saving new form responses after the field mapping (Step 3) has been updated.
Follow these steps in order to ensure your information is collected and sent to the CRM smoothly!
Step 1: Edit the CRM field
Start by adding the new option(s) to your CRM field.
- Log in to your Marketing 360® account, then navigate to the CRM by selecting it from the homepage menu or the App Menu at the top of the page.
- Once in the CRM, select Settings from the page menu, then select Contact Fields from the left sidebar menu.
- Find the field you would like to edit and select the Edit option from the overflow menu.
If you do not yet have a field in the CRM for the question/field you'll be updating in the Form, now's your chance to make one! Here's how to Add/Edit Contact Fields in the CRM. You'll want to use the same field type as the field in your form (dropdown, radio buttons, checkboxes).
- Add options to the field. If you need additional options, click on the + Add Field button.
At this time, there is no way to rearrange the order of these options. We've got a solution for this when we edit the form field!
- Click on the Submit button to save your changes.
Step 2: Update options in the form field
Now we want to update your form field to include the new options you just added in the CRM.
- Navigate to the Global App Bar in the top-left corner of your dashboard and select Forms.
- Click on the form name of the form you'd like to edit
- Hover over the field you'd like to update and click on the "pencil" icon to edit the field. Below are the options for updating your field.
- Once updated, click the Save changes button to save your updated field.
All options available
If you want the options in your form to match the options in the CRM, select the checkbox under Field Mapping that says "Copy over options from the following CRM field" and select the field you'd like to pull your options from. The options should now reflect the options in the CRM field you just edited. You're welcome to change how these options display on your form by changing the field label. Click the Save changes button to save your updated options.
If the "Copy over options..." checkbox is already selected, updating the field is easy! Simply Edit the field and hit the Save changes button.
Only select options available
If you don't want all options available at the same time, skip the "Copy over options from the following CRM field" checkbox and manually enter the options you'd like to be available on the form. This is also a good route to go if you want the options displayed in a different order than the CRM field.
Step 3: Sync updated form to the CRM in Leads Inbox
- Navigate to the Global App Bar in the top-left corner of your dashboard and select CRM.
- Once in the CRM, select Leads Inbox from the page menu, then select Marketing 360 Forms from the left sidebar menu.
- Click on the overflow menu next to the form you would like to edit, then click on Field Mapping.
- Find the form field we edited in Step 2 and select the CRM Field we updated in Step 1 from the dropdown box
- Click on the down carrot left of the Form Field to drop down your field options and select the matching CRM field options you'd like to sync your form field options to. This ensures the responses from the form are going through to the CRM.
- After all form field options have been synced up with the CRM field options, click the Save button.
At this point, your Form has been updated and will be sending the new form responses to the CRM!