Are you looking to provide a free gift card to your online store? While there is not an option to issue a free git card in the Marketing 360® Shop dashboard, you can instead buy a gift card from your storefront (without any actual payment) to get a gift card code and send that code to your customer.
To give someone a gift card for free, you will want to enable a new manual payment method for your store.
- Select Payments on the left-hand sidebar of your Shop dashboard.
- Scroll down until you reach the Add new payment methods section, and click + Add Manual Payment Method.
- Enter the name "Gift Card", then click Save.
- Now, navigate to your storefront on your website. Add a gift card to your cart, and place an order.
- Navigate back to your Shop dashboard and select My Sales > Orders on the left-hand sidebar.
- Find your order, and change the order status to Paid. Since you used a manual payment method, the order will appear with the “Awaiting payment” status and the gift card will only be emailed once an order status is changed to “Paid.”
- Find the gift card email in your inbox. You can either resend or forward the email to the customer or simply send the gift card code in any messaging app.
- After the gift card has been sent, navigate back to Payments on your Shop dashboard and turn off the "Gift Card" manual payment method.