Need to capture contact information via a dropdown or checkbox question on a Marketing 360 form? Learn how to set up dropdown and checkbox form questions, and how to sync those form fields with your Marketing 360 CRM.
Create Dropdown, Checkbox, or Radio Button Contact Fields
First, you will need to create Contact Fields for the dropdown or checkbox you’re planning on using.
- To do this, click Settings at the top of your CRM dashboard to navigate to the CRM Settings page, and select Contact Fields on the left-hand sidebar.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click the + Contact Field button.
- Then, select Dropdown, Checkbox, or Radio Button depending on what you would like to use. In this example, we’ll create a Dropdown, “Favorite Food”.
- Enter the field options, then click Submit.
Arranging multiple-choice field options
There is no way to rearrange existing field options when editing a dropdown, radio button, or checkbox-type field. In order to rearrange your options, you'll need to delete the options up to where you want to add/rearrange your options, save, and edit the field again to add them in order. Sometimes it helps to add options one by one to ensure they save in the desired order.
Deleting field options deletes data for that field. Before deleting field options, export your contacts' information for that field and their CRM ID. This way you can reimport the data to the newly arranged field.
Add a Dropdown, Checkbox, or Radio Button to a Marketing 360 Form
Head over to the Forms app by selecting it from the dropdown navigation.
Click on the form you’d like to add the field to (or create a new form if needed).
- Click Add Field.
- Under Field Type, select Checkboxes, Dropdown, or Radio Button.
- Click the checkbox to Copy over options from the following CRM Field.
- Select the Dropdown/Checkbox field you have just created.
- If you scroll down, you will see your options appear.
- Click on “Save Changes”.
Map a Form’s Dropdown, Checkbox, or Radio Button fields to a CRM Contact
To map these dropdown, checkbox, or radio button fields to your CRM, you will need to set up field mapping from the CRM Leads Inbox.
- Navigate to your form’s Field Mapping settings by clicking on the overflow menu next to the form you are editing on the Marketing 360 Forms page.
Click the down arrow next to the fields you want to map to your CRM.
- Map the form fields to their associated CRM Fields.
- Click Save.
Now, when a new form is submitted, the answers selected in a Dropdown, Checkbox, or Radio Button question will be automatically saved to the new Lead or Contact that is created.
Curious about creating other fields? Learn how with this article: Add/Edit Contact Fields in the CRM